Once You Play God, They're Gonna Crumble (One By One) - Scarian (Vigilante Au)

Footsteps echoed against the the concrete. At first it was two sets, then nine more followed. The sound of puddles being splashed upon being stepped in was loud against the ground; the sound of heavy breathing and panting even more deafening. It was nighttime, as it usually was when the vigilantes were out. The moon was high in the sky, the only other light being the dim street lamps that loomed over the street in a similar manner to the planet. It was enough. It always was. The cold air that permeated at this time of night was nipping at any exposed skin the two men had. For Grian, that was a lot; he was begining to regret wearing such a scandalous outfit for the sake of being pretty. He usually did during fall.

His outfit consisted of a black leather body suit that had a button on the collar with a half pink half light blue heart in the middle of the chest, a cropped black canvas jacket with short sleeves, and black shorts that stopped about mid-thigh. The shorts rested on his hips, exposing a sliver of skin that the body suit didn't cover on both his sides. He had a black belt with a heart belt buckle, pink fingerless gloves, and a holster for his gun strapped to his thigh. Grian also wore pink knee-high stockings and black combat boots. The outfit did its job but he did get kinda cold during the night in mid November. To conceal his identity Grian had a small black mask that followed his cheekbones and over his nosebridge, it went up to be just over his eyebrows. It was shitty mask but it did it's job.

Scar wasn't wearing anything much warmer, he had a black leather top with an orange and blue aviation-like symbol on his chest. He had black pants with a black belt and boots. It was more simple, and in Grian's opinion, a little boring. He had his bow attached to his back and a quiver hanging off his belt. He wore blue and orange glasses that somehow kept people from figuring out who he was. Grian didn't understand it much.

Being cold was least of the vigilantes worries at that moment; they were more focused on the full ass police force chasing them down. Hybrids were illegal in their city, it was Grian and Scar's job as Hotguy and Cuteguy (don't ask) to free the imprisoned, innocent people and bring them to safety. Scar was a vex, that much was obvious. It was a given due to the small greyish/clearish/blueish wings he had on his back. As for Grian, he had no clue. Grian had never told Scar what he was. Scar had assumed that Grian was just a human willing to help. Oh boy, was he wrong.

Grian and Scar had successfully evaded the police up to that point, they were able to clean up any mess they caused and flee the scene quick enough to get the hybrids to the safe house just outside the city. This time the police had tracked them and stormed the safe house. Luckily Grian and Scar got everyone out quick enough but the partners were less than fortunate in that respect. They had been chased back into the city by the cops, on foot. How the human police force hadn't gotten too tired yet was beyond the two hybrids.

Grian and Scar rounded the corner into an alley the police chasing close after them. Scar stood with his back to the wall and Grian ran at him. Scar had his hands out in front of him for Grian to use to get up. Grian jumped and Scar threw him up in the air; Grian landed on the wall and crouched down to give Scar a hand, pulling the brunette up onto it. The two stood there as the police stopped, their path blocked from getting to the two. Grian stuck his tongue out at the humans as Scar grabbed his hand and pulled him along as they climbed up onto the roof nearby. It was just a straight shot back to headquarters from up there. The police seemed to have retreated back to their station to regroup buying Grian and Scar some time to get back to H.Q.

Grian gripped Scar's hand tightly in his own; Scar pulled the younger along behind him, smiling at the happiness he was exhibiting. Grian laughed and whooped as they ran across the roof and jumped to the next one.

"We did it Scar! We did it!" Grian exclaimed, his energy infectious, Scar couldn't help but smile.

"We're unstoppable!" Scar replied, smiling brightly at the blonde.