Kim

I trotted down to breakfast the next day, finding only Macau there. He saw me and just greeted me morning as usual. I nodded gruffly and sat down as the helper laid out the breakfast options for me.

"Where's everyone?"

"P Kinn and Chay took off for the weekend since its their anniversary. P Vegas has a business meeting so he's out too."

I nodded, just focusing on my food. There was silence for a bit before I heard Macau utter softly.

"About yesterday.... Thank you P. I can't thank you enough.. "

"It's fine. Its nothing."

Macau nodded. He looked like he either wanted to say or ask something but held himself back.

"What are you doing today?"

"Nothing much P. Going to the travel agency to sort out the cancelled tickets and just transfer the credit for an upcoming holiday. And collect something from the post office."

I nodded, reminding him not to go alone and made sure he had security with him. Macau agreed and wrapped up his breakfast. He got up to go off to run his errands whilst I continued mine. About 30 minutes later, I grabbed my bag too, about to go settle some errands when I saw Macau making his way out with one of the guards. I watched as they got into a car and the guard drove off.

I ran my errands and then was driving back when I spotted Macau at the post office with the guard faithfully standing there. I parked my car by the curbside and called out to Macau.

"Hey!"

"P! What are you doing around here?"

"I was on the way back. Are you done with your errands?"

Macau nodded.

"Let me send you back. Why don't you drive behind us?" I gestured towards the guard who nodded.

Macau smiled at me and got into the car, chattering away softly about his day. I just listened, humming here and there periodically. [Author's Note: reminds me of a dear one, right BarbienahAnabella333 ? ]

Traffic was bad and we took over an hour to go home when it was usually a 30 minute journey. I didn't realise Macau was such a chatty guy. He actually kept up conversation all the way till we reached home. I was a quiet guy by nature so his chattiness was new to me but I just listened. When we got home, we soon found out the rest weren't back yet so that meant we were going to eat dinner alone. Macau just frowned but didn't say anything, opting to skip dinner instead and went off to his room. He must have had a long day. Didn't he want to eat?

I showered, changed into something comfortable and made my way to his room. I knocked twice but there was no sound. Finally Macau opened the door on the 4th knock.

"Yes P?"

"Don't you want to have dinner?"

"Ah no P. No appetite. Plus its boring to eat alone."

I stood there awkwardly for a bit and finally spat out, "Well, I'm there too. We could eat together?"

Macau's face reddened. "Shit P.. I don't mean it that way. I just.. oh man I'm sorry. I... let's eat na?"

I kept quiet, looking at him and finally nodded. He smiled at me, grabbing his hoodie, slipping it on as we padded down to the dining hall. Macau shared about school as we had our dinner. Soon, we fell into a bout of silence. I didn't want him to feel left out so I asked him, "What's your plans for tomorrow?"

Macau looked at me questionably. "You really don't like to talk much, do you P?"

I looked at Macau, mortified he had an inkling. I just nodded sheepishly. "Don't worry P. You don't have to talk if you don't want to. Thanks for eating dinner with me though."

I just nodded. I was glad Macau didn't force any conversation and he just kept quiet, focusing on his food for the rest of the meal. Once we were done, Macau offered to clean up. I offered to help but he shooed me away I stood there quietly, watching as he hummed whilst washing the dishes.

I couldn't help it. A little smile flitted over my face. I turned to go back, smile still on my face and coming face to face to Vegas who was looking at me quizzically.

Ah shoots. I just nodded at Vegas in greeting and quickly scooted off before he decided to ask me on why I was smiling away looking at his brother.

That, I had no answer to.