Kim

I went straight to the music room, to just unleash my pent up frustration over this idiotic Macau! Don't know what came over him and suddenly he seems to be shutting himself off to me.

I sat down, attempting to play but I realized nothing was coming out. I tried again and again but either the notes wouldn't come out right or I wasn't hitting them at the correct pitch.

"What's with you? Why do you sound so frustrated? I heard Kinn's voice ring out. I stopped and turned to look at Kinn standing there, watching me.

"Nothing. Everything is OK."

"You sure? Your music doesn't sound OK and even if you can lie, your music can't."

I looked at Kinn, stunned privately he actually knew me so well despite me keeping up such a fierce facade. I sighed, shaking my head, refusing to talk. He didn't push it but he left. About 2 hours later, it was dinner time. I figured it will be just me so I went down but imagine my shock when I found the full strength at the table.

Kinn, Chay, Vegas, Porsche and even Tankhun was there. I didn't see Macau so my eyes kept searching and it was at the tip of my tongue but I didn't know on how to ask.

"Macau isn't well so he's having dinner in his room. It's just us, let's eat everyone." I swore, a small smirk flitted over Vegas's face as he said that but I gritted my teeth and sat down to eat. I found myself unable to focus on dinner and so I left earlier, citing a headache.

I went down to Macau's room and knocked on the door. On my 3rd knock, he opened it. He stood there, looking as fine as a horse.

"Are you all right? I heard from Vegas thar you are sick?"

"Hmm? I'm fine P. I just came back from swimming and am changing now. Will be down for dinner in a bit. I told P Vegas to go ahead without me."

I blinked rapidly when I heard that, inwardly cursing Vegas simultaneously. Asshole had lied to me. Now I couldn't go back for dinner! I sighed. I nodded at Macau, just forcing out a smile and I left.

About 20 minutes later, I heard a knock on my door. I shuffled over and opened, it, coming face to face with Macau. Oops, I was topless, with sweats on and messy hair as I had been just doing my weights in the room. I watched Macau's face redden in 2nd hand embarrassment! I apologised, going off to grab a top to pull over.

"What's up Macau?"

"I heard from P you haven't eaten. Not well? But I heard he did prank you. I'm sorry. Are you really unwell or is it because of P Vegas?"

My own face blushed like fuck hearing that. My silence was enough for Macau to know that I had skipped dinner because of idiotic Vegas!

"I brought dinner for you P as the helper had to clean everything. Do you want to have it here or in the dining room?"

"I can have it here. You shouldn't have gone to all that trouble.."

"It's nothing really..." Macau finished off quietly as I took the plate from him.

"Come in?"

Macau nodded, stepping into my room. It's the first time I had anyone in my room other than Kinn or my dad. Even Chay has never come in before. It was my sanctuary, my own piece of heaven away from the hell.

Macau stepped in and I watched how he took my room in. I studied my room again through his eyes. His eyes gleamed when he saw the music posters and of my notes on the walls. His lips upturned into a tiny smile at seeing my guitars and he subconsciously strummed one as he walked in further. His eyes oddly hardened a little seeing a photo on my table and as he turned away towards the balcony, I caught sight of the photo in question. It was one of Chay, from previously, when he had given it to me, one of both of us at his school's music festival.

That was weird. Why would Macau be upset seeing that photo? I let my thoughts wither within me as Macau just stood at the balcony, taking in the cold air.

"You eaten?"

"Yes P I did. Why dont you eat first?"

I perched my plate on the balcony ledge as I ate my pasta quietly, with Macau next to me. There was silence between us; but this time, it was comfortable.

Once I was done, Macau offered to take the plate from me and I waved away his request, insisting I will wash it myself. He chuckled then, seeing my face.

"P! You eat like a kid. Here, let me.."

"Hmmm?" I took a deep breath inwardly as Macau reached out to wipe the chilli flakes near my lips. He wiped it away gently and just sucked on his thumb carelessly, completely oblivious to the feeling that ran through me as he did it.

I didn't fight him as he still took the plate and he walked away, going off to wash it as I stood there, my stupid heart thudding.

He was 18 for God's sake! Why was my heart thudding over him?!