Kim

I came back, after having called the school, to Macau at the balcony and Vegas nowhere in sight.

"Hey, you ok?"

"Yea P. Just wanting to enjoy the breeze."

"Where's Vegas?"

"He went off P. He said he will check in on me tomorrow."

I nodded. "Do you want anything Macau? I can get it for you."

He shook his head. I nodded. "I guess I get going. Anything, call me na?"

"Can we talk for a while? I wanted to ask you about something.."

"Sure. What is it Macau?"

"P Vegas told me..you gave up the school in France.. why is that so..?"

"Didn't he tell you why?"

"He did. But I'm not sure if he's being truthful."

"What did he say?"

"He said you gave it up to be with me..."

I kept quiet for the longest period. Then I finally looked at him and just muttered, "You should believe him more often."

There was silence and I peeked over to see Macau who was just standing there blushing away. I inched a little closer to him and placed my hand over his. He looked at it and took his hand away. My heart fell, coming to realize he probably didn't feel the same way about me. I was about to apologise when he placed his over my hand and held onto it tightly. I took a gasp of breath and looked at him.

Macau looked at me from his side view and I could see his blush getting deeper. "Macau..."

He was about to say something when someone knocked on the door and we were sorely interrupted. We took our hands away and Macau beckoned the visitor in. I realised it was Chay and didn't say anything; just politely nodding my head at him.

To be honest, I realized that whatever feelings I had for him, I had definitely moved on from it. In fact, when I really thought about it, I had "liked" him with an intention to snipe at my family but with Macau, it was geunine. I fell for Macau for whom he was and how I really just wanted to look after him and the feelings just ran different.

I covertly observed as Macau went up to Chay and they were chattering away gaily about something. Chay kept looking at me periodically but I was just busy on my phone, texting my manager whilst waiting for the boys to be done.

Finally Chay left and I looked over at Macau who was seated on the bed thinking about something deeply.

"Is everything ok? You seemed abit distracted.."

I called out to Macau, from where I was standing at the balcony. I kept looking at him and he refused to look up at me. I finally walked over, having lost all patience and kneeled in front of him, lifting his chin up. His face was looking completely different.

"What is it Macau? You got to talk to me and not have thoughts flying in your head. Alone. Unsupported."

He still kept stubbornly quiet. I sighed and tried again. "Please?"

He looked at me, his lips quivering.

"Do you like Chay P? Do you still love Chay?"

I looked at him stunned. I was this close to berating him for his thoughts but then the memory of his face hardening at seeing the photo in my room flitted in. He had insecurities and I had to ease them. I'm sure if I was in his shoes, I feel the same way. In fact I knew, I would be 10 times more jealous.

I reached out to cradle his face.

"Look at me Macau. How I felt for Chay is completely different from what I feel for you. I admit, with him, I only pretended to like him initially with an intention in mind. But we aren't meant to be and right now, he's my brother's boyfriend and he couldn't be happier. And I am truly happy for them. With you... I didn't set out to like you with any intention. It jsut happened without it even hitting me. Not until earlier when you were taken again. The fear, the anger I felt.. I desperately wanted to protect you and make sure nothing happened to you. Because if anything had happened, I don't think I can live it down.."

Macau looked at me, his eyes reddening. I leaned in, slowly, wanting to kiss him when we were interrupted yet again by another knock on the door. I growled this time. I went to open the door and this time, Vegas stood there, grinning wanting to see Macau.

I rolled my eyes. "Fuck off. I am not done talking to him. Talk to him tomorrow."

With that, I shut the door and locked it securely and turned around to see a shocked Macau who stood up. I walked towards him and grabbed him in a kiss finally, pouring all of my unspoken thoughts and feels into it. Macau was stunned but he eventually reciprocated.

He deepened the kiss and encircled his arms around me. I held onto his waist and pulled him in towards me even more as I kissed him. I caressed his cheeks and kissed him even harder. We finally pulled away, breathing heavily.

"P...."

"Hmm hmm?"

"I..."

"What is it Macau? If you don't tell me, I wouldn't know.."

I looked at him, my desire shining brightly in my eyes; my eyes mirroring exactly what he wanted too but I wanted him to say it.

"I.... I want you P.."

"Gladly".