Macau

I finished the dishes to turn only to see Vegas. "P! When did you come back?"

"Just did, a little bit ago. Why are you doing the dishes? There's help for it."

I stared at my brother. "It's already close to 10pm. She needs to rest too. Anyways its just 2 plates. Have you eaten?"

Vegas nodded and queried on whom else was at home. I mentioned P Kim is here too and had dinner with me but must have disappeared to his room.

"You two ok?"

"Hmm, what do you mean by that?"

"Uhm nothing. Just making sure he isn't bullying you or anything."

"He isn't, P. In fact he has been awfully nice."

P Vegas looked at me thoughtfully but didn't say anything, just nodding his head. I dried off my hands and took my leave, walking back towards my room when I heard P Kim in the music room again. I stopped by, just standing at the entrance, listening to him play. His music was always so soothing, alluring and it made me feel like I was the only one in the world and that he wasn't playing it for anyone else. I watched as he leafed through the pages of his music sheets and my reverie was broken. Even from where I was standing, I could see it. The one he always had in mind whilst playing his music for. A photograph of Chay was nestled between his sheets; it looked like an old photograph but clearly P Kim hadn't moved on from him I guess.

I watched as P Kim continued playing but this time, the music sounded foreign, now that I realized he had been playing it with someone in mind. I sighed as I stepped away and walked away, quickly to my room, my heart thudding. I thought he had moved on from Chay but I guess he didn't. It must hurt him terribly then to see Chay with Kinn and all of them living in the same house.

I don't know why I was feeling bad for P Kim or why I was feeling upset that his music wasn't universal but rather for someone. I sighed as I laid in bed, my thoughts swirling around me the whole night.

The next day, I woke up around 9am, feeling tired despite waking up late as I had barely slept. I was meeting my friends today for a bit so I got ready. When I went down to the dining room, I found P Kim alone again. He flicked up his eyes at me when he heard me coming in.

"Morning."

"Morning P" I waiied respectfully, grabbed a fruit and was about to leave when P Kim called out to me.

"Aren't you going to eat?"

"I'm late P.." I muttered as I rushed out, not wanting to take part in the conversation anymore. I met my friends for soccer, then we had lunch at this eatery but for some reason, I didn't have a huge appetite. When we came out of the eatery, I found P Vegas and P Kim waiting there with some guards.

"What are you guys doing here?"

"There was a threat. Kinn and Chay are on their way out. We are here to pick you up."

I nodded, making my way towards P Vegas car when he stopped me. "You go with Kim. I still need to go pick Porsche up. He's at a meeting and I worry they may attack him."

I nodded grimly. I made my way towards P Kim's car, buckled myself in and he started the car. But this time, the journey was quiet.

"It will be ok. Don't worry."

"I know P..."

"Why are you so quiet then?"

"Hmm?"

"You barely spoken since you got into the car."

"Ah nothing P. Just no mood."

Kim didn't say anything but just looked at me and went back to driving. Along the way, Kinn called. Kim had him on speaker and they spoke for a bit before Chay came on, looking for me.

"Yes Chay?"

"You ok M? You sound funny."

"I'm ok naa. Don't worry. You be safe ok? See you later?"

Chay agreed cheerfully and hung up. Kim looked at me again, I could feel him looking at me. Just then he gripped the steering wheel tightly and revved a bit. I instantly sat up straighter wondering if someone was tailing us.

"Be careful P! Is someone following us? Do you want me to call P Vegas or P Kinn?"

Kim nodded his head, saying it wasn't necessary. He finally slowed down. I was confused and looked at him.

"Do we have to be in danger for you to talk to me?"

"What?"

"I been watching you. You barely spoke today and even now in the car, you aren't your usual self. What's up Macau?"

I looked at him incredulously. Did he just... what the heck?

"What? Does it even matter if I spoke or not?"

"Macau.."

"I'm just tired P. Are we almost home yet?"

Kim kept quiet, zooming the remaining journey home. Once we got home, he just parked the car and left. I was still sitting inside, trying to just catch my breath.

What just went down between us?