Super Bowl Baby

"The game is going to be so packed today. It's supposed to be one of the most attended Super Bowl games in history." Griffin spoke, reading an article on his phone.

"I'm not surprised in the least." Joel murmured, opening up his newspaper.

"Thank you." Mia, Griffin's wife, said appreciatively as Cheri set orange juice down in front of her.

"You're welcome."

The dining room in Josh's Buffalo mansion was full and busy as everyone ate breakfast and prepared for the exciting day.

"Josh just texted and said the team is having some meetings this morning but he'll meet us before the game starts at the stadium." Hailee spoke up, reading the new message from her husband.

"Sounds good." Cheri answered, as she sat down beside her.

"Are we all dressing pretty much the same or no?" Kenna, Josh's youngest sister asked.

Hailee shrugged in response before tuning out the conversation as she ran her hand over her baby bump—she was due any day now and that both scared her and excited her. She had been experiencing quite a few Braxton hicks and possibly some early contraction for the past couple days.

"Hails, can you pass me the butter?" Nicala, Josh's oldest sister asked, noticing the tub of butter was too far from her reach.

Hailee nodded and went to reach for the tub but she quickly retracted her hand as a whimper escaped past her lips; a contraction hitting her a bit unexpectedly.

Everyone stopped what they were doing and focused their attention on her, as she breathed out slowly.

"....l'm fine, just getting kicked hard today." She lied, glancing at her mom and nana, who looked at her suspiciously.

Everyone except the two of them and Nicala seemed to believe her lie and continued what they were doing.

Hailee grabbed the tub and set it down by Nicala before scooting her chair back and grabbing her plate and phone.

"Are you okay sweetie?" Lavonne, Josh's mom asked, as she brought her plate over to the sink to rinse it off.

"Yeah...just going to start getting ready." Hailee murmured in response.

Lavonne nodded, although she was curious to know if Hailee was telling the truth. A pained look seemed to have etched onto her face regardless of what was coming out of her mouth.

As Hailee made her way upstairs, Cheri got up and followed her to make sure she was okay.

"Hails?" Cheri spoke, as she walked into the master bedroom a few seconds after Hailee.

Hailee's heart jumped as she realized her mother had followed her.

"What?" She asked softly, kicking off her slippers.

"How are you doing? You look like you're in pain." Cheri asked, sitting down at the foot of the bed.

Hailee sighed and sat down on the bed, facing her.

"I think baby boy dropped last night...I'm feeling more pressure in my back and hips compared to yesterday. I feel a bit crampy too." She admitted, rubbing the side of her protruding bump.

"He's coming soon." Cheri stated.

Hailee nodded hesitantly.