Baby Allen

- Monday Afternoon -

"Dada!!" Kyah squealed as Josh walked into the house.

Josh smiled happily and set his stuff down before crouching down. "Hi sweet girl. Come here!" He said excitedly, reaching his arms out.

Kyah pulled her wobbly little self up from the floor before running into his arms. Josh immediately picked her up and hugged her.

"I missed you so much today." He said to her as she giggled.

"Hey babe." He greeted, as Hailee turned around, setting the butter knife in her hand down.

"Hi." She smiled, looking at him. He hoisted Kyah higher up on his side before walking over to her.

Kyah rested her head in the crook of Josh's neck, happy her favorite person was home. She was a daddy's girl for sure.

"She got bigger while I was gone." Josh observed.

Hailee nodded in agreement before kissing him. Kyah reached her arm out and set her small hand on Hailee's cheek.

"What are you doing silly?" Hailee asked as Kyah giggled in response.

She squealed before hiding her face in Josh's neck again.

"She is so cute." Josh said softly.

"That she is. Do you want anything to eat while you watch film?" Hailee asked, turning around again to finish making Kyah's lunch.

"Um, no I'm all set. Just gonna grab an apple. I ate on the plane. Thanks though."

"Okay. I put them in the fridge because they're attracting fruit flies faster than I can eat them. You might want to let one sit for a few minutes so it doesn't hurt your teeth."

Josh nodded with a thank you.

"What're you making her?" He asked curiously.

"Summer made bread this morning, so a little  slice of that and then some leftover chicken noodle soup. I forgot to buy those fruit snacks she likes though so she's stuck with a banana for desert."

"Nice. Kyah...my hair isn't food love." Josh murmured as Kyah grabbed ahold of his hair and shoved it in her mouth.

"She's been doing that since yesterday. We took a nap yesterday and I woke up to my hair in her mouth. Scared me a little actually."

Josh made a face. "Hair doesn't even taste good love." He said to Kyah as she looked up at him, drool around her mouth.

"Dada." She mumbled.

"What?" He asked, an intrigued look on his face.

Kyah stared at him for a moment before getting distracted by Martini and Brando barking their heads off.

"Doggieee." She squealed in Josh's ear.

"Yeah doggies."

"Martini, Brando, hush!" Hailee spoke up, before grabbing one of Kyah's bowls and a plate.

"Mama." Kyah whined, reaching her arms out as Hailee disappeared out of the kitchen for a moment to grab the high chair out of the closet.