T W O

Vivian's POV

I've been working out a little bit every week, and only have lost 4 pounds. To which, I've only been doing cardio. I've thought more and more about taking advantage of getting a personal trainer, and I decided to do so. I spoke with one up at Planet Fitness, and he's agreed to meet with me 3 times a week, as well as giving me a regimen.

I'm supposed to meet this guy after work, and I'm dreading it. I have no idea who he is, and I still have anxiety surrounding someone watching me. As I'm stocking the shelve's, Lola comes up to me while no one else is in the store.

"Hey, could you cover the register for the rest of my shift? I just don't feel great." She looks at me as I'm putting shampoo bottles on the shelf. "I would love to, but I can't. I have something to do after my shift." I break the news to her, and she doesn't seem happy about it. "Come on, I would do it for you if you ask." Lola seems to have attitude in her voice, and it throws me off. "I don't know that. Not only that, I wouldn't need you to." I retort back. She storms off, leaving me to finish stocking shelves.

Once I'm done at work, I quickly make my way back home to shower and change into gym clothes. I make sure to take my anxiety medication before I leave, to hopefully make this easier on me. I rush over to the gym, and make my way inside. "Hey, I'm here for Nathan. He's supposed to be my personal trainer?" I say to the women who's managing the front desk. She walks away to the back, leaving me at the desk alone. Soon, she comes back with a man behind her. "Vivian?" I nod my head. This man was gorgeous. He wasn't too muscular, but you could definately tell that he works out. Had the perfect brown hair, as well as hazel eyes.

Am I making googly eyes at this man that I just met? "It's nice to meet you!" He holds his hand out for me to shake it, and I comply. "Follow me." He leads me back to this room, so that we're secluded from the rest of the gym members. "This room has everything we need for you right now. I'm just going to show you the basics of everything starting out." Nathan sets the big water bottle he had on the floor, and leading me over to a mat that is on the floor.

"No matter what you're trying to accomplish, you have to stretch every time. We'll start with some basics." He shows me some stretches, and encourages me to do them. "So what are you going for with this?" He asks, as I'm finishing up the second stretch. "Really, I'm looking to get back into shape. I've gained a little weight since my..." I stop myself before I tell my life story to this random guy. "Things happened. So I really just want to lose that extra weight, and tone up a little bit." He nods his head at me while showing me the next stretch. "Okay, we can do that. I'm sorry for the 'things happened'. Do you plan on maintaining your goal once you get there, or?" We both stand up straight, and I assume we're done with stretching.

"If I can, I would like to just maintain it. I hate feeling the way that I do." Which is true. I hate having this extra weight. I also hate eating as unhealthy as I have these few months. He continues to show me basics, which is pretty much how to engage certain muscles depending on what I'm wanting to target. We do a little bit of cardio, but also focus on certain weight lifting. When I'm done, I definately feel the difference between this, and what I've been doing.

"See, when you're engaging the correct muscles, you get completely different results. It is going to hurt a lot more. But that's a good sign." Nathan hands over a water bottle, and I gladly take it.

"So, I'll be meeting you every Monday, Thursday and Saturday?" I take a sip of my water. He confirms, and leads me out of the room we were in. I say goodbye, and make my way out to my car. This definately sucks. My legs are killing me, as well as my arms. I need to do this. Maybe I will gain more confidence in myself too. I head straight home to get a shower, to get this nasty sweat off of my body.