N I N E T E E N

Noah's POV

I had left while Vivian was still asleep. I wanted to get some fresh air, but also kind of get things off my chest. My first go to was Nick. I didn't know who else to turn to, no matter if he got pissed off at me or not. I just want a fresh start, with the person I can no longer deny my love for.

Even though my time with Madison was short, and we weren't even together, something had made me realize that I didn't want anyone else. I just wanted Vivian, and I would do whatever it took to make us better.

"This is big, dude. I'm not kidding when I say that you better make this work. Because if you don't, it will destroy both of you even more than it did the first time." Nick says, as we sit on the couch in the living room I used to call mine as well. Tears have welled up in my eyes, as I had spilled my heart out to Nick, and apologized for everything wrong that I have done.

"Is this what you really want, Noah? You have to be honest with yourself, and with her. Whether you want to hear it or not, she's leaving someone that she seemed happy with, for you. Based off of the things you just told me."

"I know." I choke out, glancing up at Nick as the warm tears fall down my cheeks. "I'm willing to do whatever it takes. I can't go on pretending anymore. If she doesn't want me, that's fine. At least I am trying. I just want us both to be happy again." Sobs come out as the last sentence leave my lips. Nick stands up from the couch, and grabs my arm to pull me up with him.

We wrap each other in a hug, as he begins to comfort me in the best way he can. Nick pulls away, his hands on both of my shoulders to look at me. It feels like he's looking straight through me, and I can't help feeling shivers down my spine. "Go get her. Tell her everything. Don't bullshit, just get to the point. If you don't lay everything out on the table, it may cause confusion later on." I nod my head at him. I soon hear the ring of my text tone from my phone.

Vivian- Everything okay?

I shoot her a text back, just letting her know I would be back soon. "Go. You don't have to tell her tonight, just spend some time with her man." We say our goodbye's, and I decide on just a small food date at home with Vivian. But I make sure not to tell her that is what I'm doing.

Vivian's POV

I had to go back to work today, and for some reason being away from Noah is killing me. We haven't talked since yesterday, when he cuddled me in the bed. Somehow, all I want is his love. His kisses, his cuddles, and to merge our bodies as one again. It has only been 3 days since all of this has transpired, and yet I'm caught up in my mind about him.

It's like the beginning of our break up all over again. Mixed feelings all the way around. I keep to myself for the most part at work, not really making any conversation with anyone. Including Amy. Luckily, she doesn't question it.

The work day seems to go by slow, as if it's taunting me. I shouldn't be this eager to go home, when it's not just for rest.

I rush out to my car once the bell for the end of the day rings, and I catch myself once I sit down, throwing my lunch box into the passenger seat. "Slow down, Jesus Christ." I say to myself aloud. I rub my face with my aching hands, trying to calm myself down.

A few minutes pass by, and I finally start my car. Luckily, that gave me time to let the traffic die down from other people leaving work as well. I take a longer way home, to give myself more time so that I can think more clearly once I'm around Noah. It's like this switch has been flipped in my brain, and it has been covered with a lock.

I pull into the driveway, parking next to Noah's vehicle. I make sure to grab my lunch box, so that I can use it once again tomorrow.

I get inside, and find Noah sitting on the couch, scrolling through his phone. He immediately locks his phone, setting it down to give me his full attention. "Hey." He breathes out. I smile at him, and return the gesture. "Do you have time to talk?" I hear Noah call out to me as I walk towards the kitchen. My heart jumps in my throat, and I stand still in front of the kitchen counter. "Yeah, sure. What's up?"