S I X T E E N

Vivian's POV

New Years has passed once more, and a lot has happened since. I barely see Noah anymore, due to the new job he took. However, I've seen Nathan a lot recently. We've made our relationship official, but only to us, as well as Carley. I've also told Nick, but made sure he knew to keep it to himself. He was actually very happy for me.

Most of the time's Nathan and I have spent time together, it's been by ourselves. A few times, his kids have been there. Nathan told me that they absolutely adore me now, and I find that sweet.

Amy and I finally hung out again after so long. It was kind of awkward, but felt good. She told me a little about what all she went through once she kind of fell off the face of the earth. It was kind of bittersweet hanging out with her after such a long amount of time. I missed having her around.

It's nearing the end of January, and it feels like time is just flying by. I'm at work, and I only have an hour left before I clock out. Luckily after the holiday's, things kind of slowed down a little. I've actually started to save more money to go towards going to mom and Jason's wedding. They haven't quite figured out a location, or theme, but they did set a date. They set it in May, to which I told them that a Spring wedding would be beautiful.

Once work is over, I head straight home. I planned on making dinner tonight. I'm not sure if Noah will be home before I go to bed, but I figured I'd make enough for him as well. It's not awkward between us anymore, but we're definitely far from being close. Once home, I see that Noah is already there. Hmm... That's odd...

I shut my car off, and make my way inside. I warely open the door, to see Noah straightening up the little bit of mess that lays within the living room. "Hey." Noah says, sounding a little out of breath. "What's up?" I ask him, setting my bag down on the couch. "I, uh, actually had a question to ask you, even though it is kind of late already."

He sets the decorative pillows on the couch, making them neat. I stare at Noah, waiting for him to speak again. I take in the way he looks, and realized he's showered, as well as put on some nice clothes.

"So, I've met this girl... And well I invited her over to hang out. She knows you're here, and she knows that we used to be together. She's totally cool, and understands. I just don't want you to be uncomfortable." My heart sinks a little. I don't know what it is, but with me being with Nathan, I feel fine. But the possibility that Noah may be moving on, kills me.

"Yeah, no that's fine." I nervously laugh, trying to process this situation. I pick my purse up from the couch, and move it to the kitchen.

I stare at the thawed out meat in the sink, before deciding that I'm not cooking. I grab it, and shove it into the fridge. "Hey, uhm, I forgot that I told Nick that I would go help him do something. So I won't be here. I hope everything goes well." I tell Noah, grabbing all of my things once again.

"Oh, well if y'all need any help, you know you can call me." Noah stares at me, as I make my way to the front door. I nod my head at him, and leave the house.

I give Nick a call before I head straight to his house to make sure he's home. Once I get the go ahead to make way to his house, I follow the familiar roads to his street.

-------------------------------

This time, I didn't tell Nick what was going on. I just made it seem like I wanted to hangout. It shouldn't bother me. It really shouldn't. I've technically moved on, but not emotionally. I don't think I ever will, at this point. Nick and I are just jamming out to some music, occasionally having small conversations. It's getting late, and I have completely forgotten to eat. I decide to say my farewell to Nick, and head home, hoping that Noah's date is over.

I'm starving but I decide to wait until I get home, to avoid eating take out too much. I pull into our driveway, thankful that no one else is parked here, meaning that Noah's date is gone. I make my way inside to see Noah on the couch, watching TV alone. I don't say much, and decide to make myself something to eat before heading to bed. If I can avoid any conversation about his date, I will.

After eating a small TV dinner, I hastily make my way past Noah and to my room. He doesn't say a thing to me, which I'm grateful for. But at the same time, I'm wondering if everything went well.

I get into bed to prepare for work tomorrow, and quickly fall asleep.

-----------------------------------

*A little bit of a time jump here*

Mom's wedding is this weekend, and everything is hectic. Trying to square away my hotel room, make sure everything I need is packed. They decided on a standard wedding, no bridesmaids, no groomsmen. Just themselves. I asked Nathan if he wanted to attend with me, but he has his kids that weekend. Things between him and I have been okay, nothing major has happened. We've just hung out, played with his kids, and had a few dinner dates. We've only had sex a couple more times since the first, we both agreed that we didn't want to make that all that we do.

I've gotten over Noah a little bit, it still hurts to see him with someone else. I've had to tell myself that I can't be a hypocrite. I've met the girl once, but just for a brief second. I surely didn't want to stick around. All I know is that her name is Madison. I let Noah know that I wouldn't be around this weekend, and he told me that she was wanting to take him somewhere too, but she didn't tell him where. So I'm making sure the house is squared away as much as I can before I leave.

Today is Thursday, and work is the same as always. It's boring, and repetitive. It's a little easier being Amy is here with me. "I just can't believe your mom is getting remarried! That's wild!" Amy says, throwing a box onto the conveyor belt. "I don't think it has fully registered in my brain either. I'm just glad that she has found someone that makes her happy." I reply, placing stickers on the boxes as they come to me.

Luckily, lunch comes quick, and I sit in my car to eat what I brought. I hear a knock on my passenger window, and Amy stands there holding something from the food truck parked outside. I unlock the doors, and she climbs in, letting out a big sigh.

"I hope this is good, I've never had this before." She opens a box to some street tacos. We eat in silence for a moment before Amy speaks up again. "You haven't really spoken about you and Noah. How is that going?" I damn near choke on my food. I could've sworn I had already told her about us.

"We aren't together anymore. I'm actually seeing someone new. But I would rather not talk about it." I respond kind of hastily. I wipe my mouth with a napkin, and throw all of my things back into my lunch box. Amy notices my aggravation, and leaves the conversation alone.

We barely speak for the rest of the day, and I can't say that her question didn't get to my head. I overwork myself to get the thoughts out of my head, and head home sore. I am most definitely ready to get away for the weekend. I am for sure taking over the hotel pool on my free time.

A/N: Ahh!!! Guys it has been way too long since I updated, and I feel so so terrible. If you haven't read my last post on my board, go do so and you'll understand why! As always, leave your comments, likes, and follow me for more updates!! I definitely have some announcements coming soon!! Love you guys and thank you so much for your support!!!

Also, sorry for the short chapter! I was just too excited to get it out!