F I F T E E N

Vivian's POV

I wake up to the feeling of someone crawling across my body. I look down, confused, and see that it is Kennedy.

I completely forgot that I spent the night at Nathan's, and especially that his kids were here. It was a good thing that I put on clothes after our shower. Nathan stirs awake, turning to face Kennedy who's trying to cross over my legs.

"Kennedy, baby, why aren't you in your bed?" Nathan says, with a deep, sleepy voice. "I can't sleep no more daddy." She says, sitting up straight but still on my legs. Nathan picks his phone up off of the side table, and calls out the time. "Okay, it's only 6:30. You sure you can't sleep anymore?" Kennedy nods her head, which causes Nathan to groan, but get out of bed.

I sit up in the bed slightly, watching as Nathan motions Kennedy out of the room. He begins to follow, but quickly turns around coming back to me. He plants a soft, longing kiss on my lips. "Good Morning." He rests his forehead against mine for a moment, then leaves the room.

I smile to myself for a moment. I haven't felt this kind of joy in a while. I grab my phone from the pants I was wearing, and check my notifications.

I have multiple missed calls and texts from Noah, and it shocks me for a moment. I told him I would be home last night... Shit! I immediately send him a text, sparing him details, but just making a little white lie.

Me- Sorry! His kids begged for me to stay, so I did. Be home soon.

I know I don't owe him an explanation on anything, but we do live together. Not only that, considering what all I've been through, I think he still feels protective over me.

I put my own clothes back on, and make my way out of the room to find Nathan and Kennedy. I find them in the kitchen, where Nathan is making her breakfast. "I think I'm going to head out now. Let you spend the day with them." I walk up to him, as he's beating some eggs in a bowl. "You're more than welcome to stay Viv."

I thank him for the offer, but still decide to head home. While Kennedy isn't looking, Nathan and I share another kiss. I tell Kennedy goodbye, and let Nathan know to tell Grayson as well that I will see him later.

On my way home, I decide to stop at the local Dunkin' to get Noah and I some coffee. It's mainly for me, but I figured I would be generous.

Once I'm home, I open the door to find Noah asleep on the couch. He really has to get that other bedroom set up for himself. Everytime I've offered to help him, he still denies to do anything. I quietly walk past the couch, and into the kitchen. I place his coffee in the fridge, hoping that it doesn't go bad before he gets it.

I turn to walk back through the living room to go to my room, but I jump out of my skin.

"What the fuck!" I say, staring at Noah. He somehow got up without me hearing, and was standing in the kitchen. Noah chuckles a little. "Morning." He out stretches his arms, and yawns out loud.

"I uh.. I got you a coffee. It's in the fridge. I didn't know you would wake up this early." He immediately moves to the fridge, grabbing the coffee and downing it quick.

"Thanks." He says, throwing the cup in the trash. "Hey, I was thinking, you keep offering and I keep putting it off. But, would you want to help me get that room set up? The couch is starting to kill my back." I nod my head, agreeing to help. "You can go shower and all while I get started." I walk to the spare room, while Noah parts way to the bathroom.

I set my coffee down on his computer desk, and I start with his clothes. I hang up all the nice clothes in the closet. I force myself not to look on the closet shelf, at the box that holds a piece of both of us.

I got the floor mostly cleared of clothes, other than the ones to go in his dresser. As I start to set up his bed frame, Noah walks in with just the towel around his waist.

I glance down, but catch myself as quick as possible. "I forgot to grab clothes. Wow, you got a lot done that quick?" I tuck my hair behind my ear, and reply back to him. "Yeah, I did. I'll need help with your bed, obviously." Noah flips through the closet to pick out a shirt, and I turn my attention back to the bed frame. I lock one of the pieces together, but somehow at the last second, the corner pinches the absolute hell out of my finger.

"Shit!" I immediately grab my finger, cluching onto it for dear life. While still holding my finger, I shake my hands up and down, like it would make the pain go away. "What happened?" Noah turns his attention to me, still only wearing the towel and taking his sweet time to pick out clothes. "My finger. My fucking finger got caught in the bed frame." Tears start to well in my eyes.

Shit! It really hurts! I take my hand from around my finger, revealing a quick forming blood blister. "Just leave it, I'll finish up. Go take care of your 'boo boo' and let me get dressed." Noah mocks me with a slight smile on his face. He pushes me out of the room, all while I give him a death stare for making fun of me.

The pain slowly leaves my finger, but I can still feel my finger pulsating under the bandaid that I wrapped around it. Yes, I am one of those people who thinks that bandaids will relieve anything, even if it isn't bleeding.

I check my phone, and read the text that I got 20 minutes ago from Nathan.

Nathan- Hope you have a good day! xoxo

I shoot him a short and sweet message back as well, and decide to check in on Noah's progress with his room being some time has passed. I knock on the door, and he lets out a small "come in". I open the door, and he's sitting on the unmade bed, that is now sat on the dreadful bed frame. "See, this is how you do it without hurting yourself." Noah pats on the bed, still making fun of me.

"Oh hush. You're lucky I even helped." I tell him, as I take a seat next to him on the bed. "I know, I'm just picking at you Viv. I do want to say thank you though." I accept his appreciation, and he proceeds the conversation. "I also want to say I'm sorry." Noah fiddles with his hands in his lap. I furrow my eyebrows, confused on what he is sorry for.

"For what?" I ask him. "For this. Everything. I just wanted to go ahead and tell you. I haven't fully thought of how I want to address everything yet. I just wanted to let you know over all that I'm sorry. Once I figure out how to tell you, more in depth that is, I will." I stare at Noah, still a little confused. I nod my head a little, unsure of what to say.

"When I do tell you, don't feel like you're obligated to respond." Noah looks over to me, sincerity in his eyes. "Okay." I say quietly. I'm just baffled. I never really expected that out of him. I know things were getting a little better between us, but I definately wasn't prepared for an apology.

"Okay, well, I'll leave you to it then. I think I'm gonna shower, and sleep a little bit today." I get up to make my way out of what is now Noah's room, grabbing the coffee I previously left. I shut the door behind me, and chug the rest of my drink. I throw the cup away, and head to the bathroom to get cleaned up.

I go back to work tomorrow, and I want to be as rested as possible. So an early night for me it is.

Once I'm out of the shower, I hear Noah's computer down the hall. He's playing some game, and doesn't have his headphones on. I throw on some light clothes, and crawl into bed. Even though it's Winter and it gets pretty cold here, I can't sleep with long sleeves on. Plus, with the heater on. Just feels like a sin, really.

It takes me a moment to get settled into bed, and I actually wind up scrolling through my phone for what seems to be forever before I actually get tired and fall asleep. Last thing I can think about before passing out, is that little box in the closet... It's still not fair...

A/N:
I missed writing so much!! :( I actually got a little stuck on this chapter for a minute, but hopefully it is good! Everything is back to normal here for me, aside from still NEVER HAVING TIME TO MYSELF (sadly, due to work). But I should be able to start uploading decently often again. Actually, I have had some ideas and I was thinking about doing a little contest (if any of you are interested). It would be to write a decent paragraph for the story! Most likely a ~smut~ scene, just to do something fun and see how creative you all can get! I will definately give more details if any of you are interested! Anyways, I hope you all enjoyed this chapter, and I can't wait to see your responses! :)