T W E L V E

Vivian's POV

Noah has been at the house for about a week now. Christmas is right around the corner and I think I have all that I need. Noah and I have interacted very little, mainly due to me working so much, as well as him working.

I wound up getting Noah a gift though. It wasn't anything major, just a new mouse pad for his computer. It has some anime characters on it, so I figured he would like it. Maddy got word from some of the higher ups that we're just getting a bonus for Christmas. Which I definately don't mind. I'm at work now, and I'm so exausted. Being it's near a holiday, everything has picked up in pace. Feels like I haven't caught my breath since I started.

As I'm working, I feel someone tap my shoulder. I set the box that I had down on the conveyor, and turn to face who it is. It's the woman who initally hired me, as well as Amy?

"Hey Vivian, this is a new hire. She's going to be in your section, and I couldn't find Maddy. This is Amy, you'll need to show her the ropes until Maddy comes back." My eyes are wide, but unsure of my own feelings. "Yeah, yeah. I know Amy. I'll show her what to do."  The woman thanks me, leaving Amy and I to ourselves.

"I didn't know you worked here. I thought you were at Dollar General?" Amy asks, putting on her gloves. "It's a long story, I didn't expect you to come here today. Where have you been?" I ask her, picking up another box after putting a label on it. "All over the place really. I needed a new start. New job, place, everything. Right now, I'm staying with a friend." I put the box on the conveyor, turning to Amy to show her what to do.

"This is what you're doing, okay? You're breaking down all of these pallets, and taking the stickers out of the side." I find done up pallet, and show her where the stickers normally are. "You take the sticker, and place it face up on every box. Then you put it on the conveyor." Amy nods her head, and follows me back to the pallet I've already started on.

I watch her do it a couple of times, and correct her on some of the things she's doing wrong. For the most part, she has it down. Maddy finally comes back, and helps her a little more than I can being she has been here a while.

..............

After work, I talked with Amy for a moment, and got her new number from her. I told her that I was open to being friends again, but I wasn't sure about being as close as we used to be. Luckily, she understood and didn't react badly to what I said.

I decide to stop by Nick's on my way home, realizing that I haven't told him about Noah being back at the house. To which, I don't know if Noah has told him either. I grab a bite of food before going straight to Nick's, and decide to eat it once I get there. "You didn't bring me anything?" He asks with a huge smile on his face once I walk through the door. "Didn't ask." I shrug my shoulders, returning the smile at him.

"I would've if I knew you were coming!" Nick pushes me slightly, joking around. "So, whats up?" I open the container of food, immediately digging in. "So, did you know that Noah showed up at the house last week?" I ask him, taking another bite of my food. His eyebrows furrow in confusion. "Yeah, apparently Jollys house was owned by his mother, and she sold it out from under him. So he needed a place to stay." Nick immediately groans at the situation. "You're kidding me, right? Viv, promise me nothing will happen between you two." I choke on my food a little bit, because of his statement.

"Why do you think I'm over here after a long day of work? I'm not going to lie Nick, I still miss him. I really do. And I don't know if anything will happen between us. But I can tell you that right now, I can't make any promises because I don't know. Plus, I'm entertaining Nathan right now. I'm supposed to be meeting his kids this weekend, actually."