S E V E N T E E N

Vivian's POV

My ticket wound up getting switched to another flight because there was too many people on the one I booked. I got notified the night before I had to leave, I was definitely annoyed. Noah left that night to spend the night with Madison. So everything surrounding the house was left up to me.

Granted, my flight was only delayed for 2 hours. So I'll still arrive on the same day, just a couple hours later than expected. I listen to music the whole way, and read a short book I brought with me. Today is Friday, and my mom's wedding is tomorrow. So I think I will just chill out at the hotel, and enjoy the new view for the rest of the day once I land.

Mom and Jason are also staying at a hotel, even though their wedding is in their town. They wanted a bed and breakfast hotel, so they could relax and get ready away from each other. I have to go over to their hotel to help mom with her hair in the morning. She has a couple of her friends helping her with everything else, like her makeup and her dress.

Once I get to my hotel, I get my key card and realize that my room is close to the top floor. I get in the elevator with my suitcase, and it takes moment before I reach my floor. Once in my room, I set my suitcase by the bed and just plop down. I lay there for a moment before texting my mom to let her know I made it safely. I spend the rest of the night watching random TV, and I just order some take-out to the hotel.

-----------------------------

I take an Uber to my mom's hotel, and I quickly make my way down to her room. I woke up a little late, but thankfully not too terribly late. I go ahead and walk through the door, knowing that everyone will be too busy to stop and open it. Without question, I immediately plug up my moms curling iron to preheat while someone is already working on her makeup. "Girls, this is my beautiful daughter, Vivian. Vivian, this is Jane, Christie, and Lillian." My mom points to each middle aged women, and I give them all a smile.

We all make small talk while finishing up things for my mom. The last thing to do is to help her get into her dress, and get dressed ourselves.

"Oh yeah, Vivian, I have something important for you after the ceremony. Do not let me forget!" Mom straps on her short heels, and stands up to look at herself in the mirror. The rest of us get dressed, and wait for the XL Uber my mom ordered to arrive to take us to the venue.

Once there, I immediately take my seat at the front, and wait for everyone else to arrive. Being my Grandpa is also no longer here, my mom chose to just walk down the aisle alone. Just a very simple, traditional wedding. A lot of people start to show up, a mix between Jason's family, and a little bit of my family.

I take in the scenery, admiring my moms taste. Beautiful Lillie's are lined down the aisle, beside every row of chairs. The arch is covered in stunning green vines, with some more Lillie's placed throughout. It's an outdoor wedding, and the venue couldn't be more breath taking. I chose to wear a slightly fitted, silky lavender dress with a cowl neckline. I think this is the most "dressed up" I have ever been.

Everyone starts to settle down into the seats around me, and soft music begins to play, signalling the start of the ceremony. The officiant is already at the arch, and Jason begins his walk down the aisle. I turn slightly in my seat to watch, giving him a smile as he passes.

The music slowly changes into a wedding march, and my mom begins to walk down as well. I can't help but to notice something out of the corner of my eye as she starts her walk.

What the hell? Is that Noah?

I take a second glance, taking my eyes off of my beautiful mother, and sure enough, Noah is sitting on the other side, a few rows down. Next to Madison. He looks uncomfortable. I am the uttmost confused. I turn my attention back to my mother, who has already passed me and is stood on the other side of the officiant.