E I G H T T E E N

Vivian's POV

I ignore Madison's desperate attempts to get me to meet her at the pool. Don't get me wrong, I was going to avoid her as much as possible regardless, but most definitely now. I've been in my head since everything happened last night, and I still haven't made sense of it.

I told her that I drank too much last night, and just didn't feel like getting out of the room. She tried to offer to bring me some food, but I lied and said I had already ordered some. Luckily, she left me alone.

Nick texted me this morning, telling me to congradulate my mother for him. It took everything in me to not call him and break down about everything. I'm sure he is getting tired of hearing about it. But he is really the only person I have in this situation. Mom and Jason have already left for their honeymoon, so I for sure won't be bothering her.

Nathan and I have talked to each other a little bit as well today. I feel terrible, but I lied to him. I told him that I wasn't going to be around my phone much, that I was swimming in the hotel pool. Which was my original plan. He understood, and told me to just call him when I got bored. I feel like this is a situation I am meant to handle on my own. I can't seem to bring myself to ask for advice from anyone, which is normally not the case for me. I have to tell Nathan what happened. I HAVE to. I just don't know how, and when.

I can't just throw everything I have with him away, just for things to possibly go the same with Noah again. Or for it to not happen at all.

I spend all day avoiding any actual conversation with anyone, and I definitely don't hear a word from Noah. It's going to be awkward when we both get home, whenever he decides to fly back.

--------------------------------

I manage to leave the hotel Monday morning without running into Madison or Noah, but I'm greatly disappointed when I see them at the airport, at my terminal. We have the same flight. Noah still looks down, but Madison is completely oblivious to his mood. He doesn't look at me, but Madison is full of joy when she sees me. "O.M.G, we have the same flight too?! I'm glad you're feeling better! Hangovers totally suck!" She flails her hand as she speaks, and I couldn't be more annoyed. Why does she always have to speak in "text"? I give a slight smile, but say nothing.

We soon board our flight, and thankfully they aren't close to my seat. I pop my headphones in my ears, and drown out everything around me.

I quickly make my way through baggage claim, trying to avoid them once more. I rush out to the short-term parking lot of the airport, throwing my suitcase into my car the moment I unlock it. It's still early morning, so I call Nathan to see if he is awake. Instead of going straight home, I decide to go to his house to tell him what happened. I would rather not keep it from him any longer than I should.

I pull up to his house once I was given the "ok", and see that the kids mother is also there to pick them up. I really hope she leaves soon.

Nathan meets me at his front door, giving me a longing kiss before letting me inside. "I missed you." He smiles at me, placing his forehead against mine. "Actually, can we talk out here for a minute?" I ask nervously. He furrows his eyebrows out of confusion, but follows me a little bit from the door, leaving it cracked.

"What's wrong?" Nathan grabs my hand reassuringly. I sigh before I tell him what happened. "I didn't know that he was going to be there. The girl he's seeing is now my stepsister. Everything just happened so fast, I didn't have time to think. But I wanted to come and tell you the moment I got back because I want to work through it and I couldn't keep this from you even if I wanted to." I ramble on after I explain Noah and I kissing.

By this time, Nathan has let go of my hand, and is just staring at me in disbelief. "You were with him again?" He breathes out. I stay silent, waiting for him to speak again. "I don't think I can do this with you anymore Vivian. I was able to get over what happened at the beginning, because we weren't together. But you went back and did it again. It's clear you're not over him, and will never be."