T E N

Vivian's POV

It feels like time is going by so slow. Nick just got the chicken out of the oven, and still has a couple more things to make. I've stayed by Nick's side the whole time, while my mom and Jason talk amongst everyone that is here. Nick's parent's showed up, but Danielle didn't come. She had something to do with her work.

Noah is just sat in the living room, playing on his phone. "Is this all he has done since he has been over here?" Nick looks over to me, pulling the oven mitts off of his hands. "Pretty much. He hasn't spoke to any of us much, just stepped outside a couple of times." He puts the homemade maccaroni in the oven, closing it once more. "I forgot to tell you one of the most important things from that night.." I say under my breath. I feel like I'm gossiping.

"He didn't pull out, Nick. He admitted that he knew what he was doing, so it wasn't an accident." His eyes go wide, and he then looks over towards the living room, catching a glimpse of Noah. "Are you serious?" I nod my head. He looks pissed.

"I don't know what to say, Viv. This is literally beyond me. I've done beat his ass once over this kind of bullshit. That apparently didn't work very well." I look at Nick confused as to what he's talking about. "What do you mean? When did you beat his ass?" I take a shot of the whiskey that I bought. I hand one over to Nick, and he shoots it back before responding. "I guess it was the last time he hurt you. He came over here late as hell, and told us what happened. I got fed up with his bullshit, so I beat his ass and told him to get his shit together." My eyes are wide this time. That was why he was all beaten up before I left? Nick defended me?

"I didn't know you did that. Noah wouldn't tell me anything..." I respond, just looking at Nick. It may be the liquor talking, but that was the sweetest thing I've heard. It starts to make me look at Nick in a different light. Am I reading this all wrong? Does Nick like me? My thoughts are interupted once Jolly walks into the kitchen.

I break my gaze away from Nick to listen to what Jolly has to say. "How long is it going to take you man, I'm starving!" He pats Nick on the shoulder, looking at the food on the counter. "This is how Thanksgiving always goes, and you know it. You starve all morning, just to get full off of one plate." They laugh amongst each other, and I walk away from them.

That was completely weird...

Everyone else seems to be cooped up in the living room, just watching the TV and chatting. But Noah is no longer in the same spot. I begin to look for him, but I'm stopped by Nick who calls me into the kitchen. "Can you help me real quick? I'm just trying to get all of this food ready." I nod my head, and help him with whatever he asks.

I pull my phone out to check it once we're waiting on the last thing, and I notice a text from Nathan.

Nathan- I hope your thanksgiving is well :)  Attactchment: Image

It's a picture of Nathan and his kids... This is the first time I've seen anything of his kids, and they're adorable. I feel bad for doing what I've done to him. Especially since he is acting so nonchalant about it. I stare at it for a moment before responding. I choose to take a photo of Nick and I. He holds up his hands that are covered with oven mitts, and I hold up the next shot of mine. I send the picture, and let him know that my day is great.

I think my alcohol tolerance has gone up, since I've taken about 6 shots and I don't even feel a thing yet. Nick and I get all the food set up on his giant dinning table, and call everyone in to eat. Noah comes in from the back door, looking blitzed. I stare at him confused, but I don't question it.

I sit next to my mom, and Noah is on the opposite end of the table next to Folio. However, even with him as far away as he is, he smells like pure weed.