E I G H T

Vivian's POV

Today is my first day of therapy, and I couldn't be more nervous. It's also getting close to thanksgiving, which I didn't realize until my mom called to ask what our plans were. I haven't really spoken to her since Noah and I's break-up. So, she didn't know everything that has gone on since I left from her house.

It really hurt having to sit there and explain to her when and why we broke up. I just told her that I didn't really know why. I haven't told her about Nathan, being that we haven't became a thing yet. I told Nathan that I wanted to back out on going to the gym so much, that I only wanted to go once a week. I've been nothing but sore every day of the week just from working out, so hopefully just going one day will help that. Luckily, he didn't argue with me about it. I expected him to being that he's a trainer. I honestly think his personal feelings are also getting in the way of his work.

I go to my appointment, and I wait in the lobby for my name to be called. Once it is, I'm met with this long, blonde haired women. She's a little bit on the bigger side, but that doesn't matter. She's still gorgeous.

"So, Vivian, is it? Or is there something else you would like for me to call you?" I shake my head no. "Vivian is what I go by. Sometimes people call me Viv. You can use either." I tell her, as I sit down in the big, yet soft, chair that is in her office. "Alright, my name is Nikki, and I'm here to help you through whatever may be troubling you. And try to pin point certain things that may be the cause, if needed." I shake Nikki's hand, giving her a slight, yet nervous smile.

The first question is for me to tell her about myself. Of course, I don't know what to say. I immediately jamble on about random intrests of mine, as well as telling her some of my life up until now. We get more in depth about a few things, and lets just say it's confidential.

Our chat ends after an hour and a half, and I honestly couldn't be more relieved. It was nerve-wracking, as well as helpful.

Nikki puts me down to see her once a week, and I leave the clinic. As I get out to my car, I notice some flowers tucked into my windsheild wipers, as well as a card. I'm wary about it for a second before grabbing them. If someone gets me, I honestly wouldn't care at this point. I immediately get in my car once I grab them, locking the doors. Yeah, ironic.

I open the card and immediately read it.

"You've got this sweetie. I love you. - Mom"

My mom had flowers delivered to my car? I didn't know you could still do that! She's the only one I've told what clinic I went to. I told Nathan I had a doctors appointment, but not what for. I shoot her a text to thank her for the flowers, and I go home.

I honestly have thought about quitting my job at Dollar General. It's terrible, Lola still treats me as if I'm nothing, the pay isn't great anyways. In all honesty, I just don't want to work at all. I told Nathan that he could come over tonight, just to hang out. Aside from the gym, we haven't really hung out since the party.

I don't really dress up before he comes over, but I do make dinner for the two of us. "What's up cutie?" Nathan hugs me once I open the door to let him in.
I lead him over into the living room to eat, rather than eating at the dinner table. "I figured we could watch a movie or something." I tell him, before he gets confused. He nods his head as we both sit down, grabbing our plates from the coffee table.

We watch a couple of movies together, but nothing happens between us. It starts to get late, and Nathan speaks up. "Do you mind if I stay the night? I'll sleep out here on the couch, I'm just really exhausted." I tell him that's fine. I actually feel a little happy that he is staying the night. I hate being in this house alone. I cuddle up next to Nathan as random TV shows are now playing. He quickly falls asleep on one end of the sectional.