8 | like father like daughter

"How long would it have to go on for?" I stop in my tracks and turn to look up at him, and his eyes widen as if he's surprised I'm even considering it.

"You're considering it?"

"Answer the damn question Riddle." I sigh.

"Well it won't have to go on for long. Maybe just until Halloween." He shrugs.

"That's like two whole months."

"Yes Camila, it is two whole months." He nods, as if he's confused as to why I've pointed that out.

"I can't last that long with you."

"Woah woah, that's what she-"

"Don't." I say sternly, and cover his mouth with my hand. I then pull it away and look at my hand in disgust.

"Do that again, that was hot." He takes a step closer to me.

"How can I trust that Malfoy will stop bothering
me after I date you? You can't guarantee that."

"Uh yes I can. I'll have you know there have been numerous circumstances where Malfoy, out of fear, could never touch a girl I've shagged."

"Like who?"

"I don't know. Pansy?" He shrugs and I snort.

"That explains it. She wants Malfoy so bad but he doesn't even recognise her."

"Exactly. So yes, I can guarantee you'll get what you want if you date me."

"God, you're so desperate." I scoff, and within seconds, he pins me against the shelves, his hand resting against them above me, and his face inches away from mine. He raises his other hand, and tilts my head up with a finger, my eyes locked on his dark ones.

"I'm desperate for no one. Especially not you. I have what I need and I'm content." He says, his voice more deeper and darker sounding this time.

"You don't have me yet." I reply confidently and he raises a brow.

"Something's telling me I will soon. I can see it in your eyes." He lifts my chin higher to examine my face and I shove off his hand.

"What, so you're a mind reader now?" I laugh.

"Something like that." He whispers, his mouth partly open as his eyes drift from my lips to my eyes, and back to my lips again. Only then do I realise how close we are.

I push him away and sort myself out, taking a step away from him.

"Fine. I'll fake date you. But I swear to Merlin Riddle, if you piss about or do something stupid I will not hesitate to Avada Kedavra you." I point at him and a smirk forms on his face.

"Like father like daughter, right?" He chuckles and my face drops. My blood boils. I don't take a second to grab my things and instantly leave the library, and get away from him.

How fucking dare he. As if he isn't the Dark Lord's son.

***

It's the end of another school day. Tired, I head to my dorm to get some rest and set out my homework for the evening. I change into something more comfier, my pyjamas because I decide I'm not going to do anything this evening except stay in and relax.

I know I should go have a wander and socialise to make more friends, but I've had a rough day. After Riddle's comment in the library my mood was put off. I'm not being dramatic it's just how I am. I've always been sensitive towards nasty comments and for some reason take it to heart.

But anyway, after that my day was further ruined by a certain blonde Slytherin who wouldn't stop following me around and hitting on me. Girls in the corridors would laugh at me, and whisper and gossip, probably assuming he's fucked me already or something.

With a sigh, I put on my pyjama shorts and top, and sit cross legged on my fluffy rug where I begin to organise some of my jewellery to pass time and keep myself distracted.

I'm lost in thought and my mind flashes back to my interaction with Riddle in the library. Yeah sure the comment he made about me being like my dad has been bothering me all day, but I can't help but think about how he pinned me against the shelves... how unbelievably close we were.

Suddenly, a knock at the door makes me jump, breaking me from my train of thought. I stand up and head to the door, praying that it's not Pansy or Astoria. I can't be bothered dealing with them today.

To my upmost surprise, I'm met with a face I didn't think I'd be seeing tonight. Riddle. He stands before me with his hands in his pockets, his chin held up slightly high, with his eyes looking down at me. He looks serious, but also... different. Seeing him in his own clothes, black joggers and black compression shirt that fits him perfectly in all the right places makes me hold a breath. I can't help but notice a small silver chain around his neck, as well as his usual silver ring on his fingers.

Abruptly, his voice breaks me out of my trance.

"Can I come in?"

"Sorry what?" I swallow. I don't think I've broken out of my trance. His presence makes me nervous.

"Can I come into your room, Camila?" He asks again, a bit more clearly this time.

"Uh..."

"I'm your boyfriend let me remind you."

"Fake." I whisper. "Fine. Come in."