24 | eavesdropping

Mattheo's POV

The moment she walked out of the common room, in front of all those people, was the minute my heart nearly broke down. I followed her instantly, but stopped in my tracks when I saw her Gryffindor brother, Josh Dobrev, on his way to follow her too.

My mind began to make assumptions, excuses as for why she didn't kiss me. Mostly likely, I tell myself, was because her brother was in the room. But that shouldn't have been the reason, he knows about the two of us.

No girl has ever been on my mind as much as Camila. She's taken over me. All I can ever think about, or worry about is her.

Where is she? What is she doing? Who is she with? Is she okay? Does she need anything?

It annoys me. I'm always on edge. A weird feeling I've never in my life experienced. But now, I get to experience it for a gorgeous girl I'm playing pretend with.

It's nearly midnight, and I decide to check up on her, see if she's okay. I was meaning to do it earlier, but I procrastinated. I was too embarrassed to see her after she walked away from our potential kiss after the celebration.

"Just go lad, she needs you." Nott tells me, slouched on the couch by the fire pit with a drink in his hands. They'd all been partying since the match.

"She probably doesn't want to see me." I say and Enzo groans.

"Riddle, I can practically sense her manifestations begging you to go and see her." I laugh a little and give in, before heading up the stairs, out of the common room and to her dorm.

I take a deep breath, standing outside her door, and hold up my hand to knock. Before I do, I hear voices from inside.

I can't help but listen.

I take my wand and cast a charm that allows me to hear the voices more clearly, and that's when I hear Camila and Astoria having a conversation from the other side of the door.

"I don't understand how on earth you could accuse me like that Camila!? All I've done is be good to you."

"I know I'm sorry, I have a lot going on and I just need to figure this out. I've only recently started to be your friend and people have already warned me-"

"Warned you?" She scoffs.

"Yes I mean- I just find it terribly hard to trust people and you're the only other person who's been in my dorm, apart from Mattheo and the boys."

"Right, and you haven't questioned Riddle yet? The Dark Lord's son?"

Ouch.

"Mattheo is a good person Astoria."

"What and I'm not?"

"No, that's not what I was trying to say- it's just that you're making assumptions about him-"

Astoria take a deep breath. "My bad for reacting this way, but I'm telling you, it wasn't me who touched your precious letters, okay?"

"Okay, that's fine. Just thought I'd ask."

"Typical."

That's when I hear footsteps heading towards the door, and I take a step back, and the door swings open. I instantly take a step away from the door, into the shadowed hallway, where Astoria doesn't catch me. She heads down the stairs to the common room and I stand there.

Do I go in?

The door slams shut.

Maybe not. I follow Astoria instead. I head into the common room and notice her approaching Theodore, but before she could terrorise him, I call her back to me, and she looks at me confused.

"Yes Riddle?"

I put a smile on my face. "Hi Astoria."

"Hi..."

"Have you seen Camila recently?"

"Yeah, just now."

"Is she okay? She kinda ran from me before."

"She's fine." She responds.

"You sure?"

"Positive."

"That's good then. How are you though?"

"Splendid. What's with all the questions? You've never spoken to me before." She smiles a little and I feel like throwing up.

"Oh it's nothing. Got to stay on Camila's mates good sides."

"Fair enough." She shrugs, and turns back to Nott.

I stand there, pleased with myself, because from that minute interaction, I gathered a lot of information.

Number 1: Astoria has a fat crush on Nott.
Number 2: Camila was wearing her sleeping shorts and oversized top when she argued with her.
Number 3: Camila looked stunning.
Number 4: She never took Camila's letters.

Next thing I do is storm my way to Malfoy's dorm, knowing I'll find both him and Pansy there. I knock on the door and a couple of seconds later, I hear ruffling and Malfoy comes to the door and holds it open slightly.

The dumb fuck stands there shirtless with his bleached hair all messy, and I spot his girlfriend on the bed.

As soon as Malfoy sees me, he attempts to shut the door, but I swiftly place my foot so it blocks the way.

"What do you want Riddle?" He asks angrily.

"Parkinson. I need to speak to her." I say, loud enough for the bitch to hear.

"Me?" She asks, scurrying her way to the door, wrapped with a blanket.

"Yeah, you." I say, looking elsewhere.

"We're kind of busy-"

I hold my wand against his throat, and he gulps, making me almost laugh.

"Pansy, just go."

"I was gonna go anyway." She scoffs, and tries to exit the room but i scrunch my face in disgust, looking away.

"Get some fucking clothes on."

A couple minutes later she returns fully clothed, and drenched in perfume which burns my nostrils. I roll my eyes and take her to my dorm. I wish it was unnecessary, but to keep her occupied, she need to get a little excited.

"So Pansy, it's been a while." I say, closing the door behind me.

"It has hasn't it." She giggles a little, and helps herself to sit on my bed.

Camila come knock her out please.

"So how've you been?" I ask her, taking a couple steps towards her. Malfoy been treating you well?"

"Not as good as you did." She smirks, and touches my hand.

"We didn't even spend a whole night together Pansy."

"You're such a tease," she giggles. "You left me wanting so much more." She looks me up and down.

"I'm afraid we can't do that."

"Why's that?" She asks, leaning back on her elbows.

"I'm with Camila."

Her face changes to a look of disgust.

"No one will have to know." She suggests.

"Right, I'm done here. Please leave." I say, looking elsewhere, and she stands up directly in front of me, looking confused.

"Why'd you call me here then?"

"Just to piss of Draco to be honest." I shrug and she huffs and doesn't have the bravery to answer back, before leaving my dorm and rushing back to her boyfriend's.

Camila would've argued back to me. She's the only one who ever really has.