42 | invincible

Mattheo's POV

I watch my beautiful girl in her little red dress stand up and get the letter at her window sill. I sit up on the edge of her bed and watch as she opens it, reading it. I tried to read her expression and suddenly her eyes widen, and her mouth is agape. She begins to shake and the letter falls to the floor.

I immediately stand up and hold onto her as she collapses onto the ground. "M-Mattheo-"

"What did it say my love?" I ask her, my heart racing out of concern. She looks up at me with her big beautiful eyes, tears filled inside.

"T-they killed her." She breathes out. "They killed my mama."

She looks down and her tears fall, when suddenly, she passes out. I crouch down beside her and hold her in my arms, holding her tight. Rage fills inside of me as I process what she just told me.

It must've been the fucking loyalists.

I reach for the paper and scan over it, and my intuition was right. On her way back from the Ministry, Camila's mother was murdered. I stand up and carry her in my arms once again and take her out to the hospital.

My poor girl.

***

I sit beside the hospital bed she lies in, on a chair as I watch her, hoping she wakes up soon. Madam Pomfrey said it was nothing, and that she had some alcohol in her system which made her nauseous, and more likely to pass out. She did also say she'll be reporting that she'd been drinking, so that's something to tell Camila when she wakes up.

She looks so pretty, even when unconscious. I've never had the chance to really appreciate how beautiful she actually is. Everything about her is perfect. Her personality, her morals, how she is with me and of course her looks.

She looked so fucking sexy in that little red dress. I had to stop myself from doing something crazy, which she might not be ready for. And I'm one hundred percent sure that we could've kissed... if that stupid couple didn't interrupt us.

After Camila fainted, I made sure to call Astoria over, someone she trusts, to change her into her pyjamas before I took her to the nurse, so she doesn't suspect the party that was still going on.

It's now eight in the morning and I haven't had any sleep. My head hurts the most from the slight hangover but it's not too bad. I distracted myself with some reading.

Suddenly, I watch as her eyes flick open, and she slowly sits up, looking around and rubbing her eyes. "Mattheo?" She says weakly and I stand up and sit beside her on the bed, holding her hand.

"How you feeling love?"

"What happened to me?" She asks, and she slowly recollects what she found out before she fainted. Soon, her eyes start watering up and she holds her face in her hands as she begins to cry.

I really have no experience of comforting someone when they're crying, so instead I just place my self beside her, stretching out my legs onto the bed as I put one arm around her shoulders, her head resting on me as she lets her tears out.

"Does Josh know?" She says shakily, but it's almost a whisper.

"Fuck, I don't think he does." I let out a breath. "I didn't even think of that, I was more concerned about you passing out."

"I can't find the guts to tell him Mattheo."

"I... do you want me to tell him for you?" I ask and she thinks about it for a moment before nodding. "Okay, I'll tell him."

We sit like that for a while, her head eventually laying in my lap as she cries as much as she needs to. I soothingly play with her hair and tuck them behind her ear, hoping it calms her.

"Camila- I'm going to find those loyalists and kill them, okay? I'll do whatever it takes." I tell her.

"You can't Mattheo. It's you against all of them, you saw what happened before. I can't have you dying too." She cries and I hold her closer to me.

"I'm not going to die my love." I say. "I'm invincible, trust me."

***

I go to find the other Dobrev in the Gryffindor common room. I sneak in when other Gryffindors open the door and enter, and when I get in I earn stares from everyone, probably muttering about why a Slytherin is in their territory.

"Riddle." I hear an angry voice say, and look up to find the Golden Trio approaching me, Potter looking furious. "What are you doing here?"

"Come to find Josh Dobrev. You seen him?" I ask and he grits his teeth.

"Why do you want him?" He asks and I roll my eyes.

"Full of questions aren't you pal?" I sigh, patting his shoulder and he shoves my hand off of him.

"You'll be lucky if he hadn't just cursed you then Harry." Ron says to him and I let out a laugh.

"Good one Weasley." And catch sight of Josh by the fireplace. "Now if I may." I attempt to push past them but suddenly a hand grabs me by the wrist. I turn around to find Granger looking up at me. I look at her confused.

"Now what's your issue Granger?" I ask.

"Look after Camila. Don't hurt her, do you understand?" She says to me and my eyes widen in surprise.

"And why would you care what happens to her?"

"She's a sweet girl, and I've had experience with innocent girls getting ruined by pathetic Slytherin boys." She says with a look of disgust on her face.

"Right." I nod. "Nothing of the sort will happen to Camila." With that, I turn back around and make my way over to Josh. He steps backward in shock to see me.

"Riddle-"

"Come with me."