45 | an instantaneous spark

Camila's POV

I felt so much better after the special treatment Mattheo gave me for two whole hours when everyone had gone to Hogsmeade. He made my cramps go away and my mood lightened, so I even had the energy to go down to the common room to meet the boys, Astoria and Rose when they came back from Hogsmeade.

"Awh Camila we missed you." Astoria gives me a hug. "I hope you're doing okay my love."

"I'm feeling a lot better thanks Tori." I smile.

"CAMILA!" Enzo shouts, running up to me and pulling me in for a side hug, since Mattheo banned him from giving me proper hugs. He said they were too 'intimate'.

"I missed you Enzo!" I giggle and he wipes a fake tear off his cheek. Blaise fist bumps me and then I see Theo approaching. I smile and he smiles back. When he gets to me he ruffles my hair, making me laugh.

"Long time no see angel." He says. "Feeling better?"

"She's jolly good." Mattheo says through gritted teeth, holding me by the waist.

"What he said." I say with a giggle and Theo rolls his eyes. I then notice Matt and Rose joining us. "Oh hey Matt, Rose." I give them a small smile.

"It's been a while." Matt says and I nod. "Oh, Riddle, McGonagall is looking for you by the way." He says and I look up at Mattheo in confusion.

"What for?" I ask.

"I have no idea love. I'll go now and find out."

"I'll come with you." I say to him, following him as he walks to the door.

"No, it's too cold in the castle you'll get cramps again." He says and I get butterflies.

"Please let me come with you, look I've got a hoodie on and fluffy slippers."

"Camila." He groans. "I spent two hours massaging your stomach, I'm not risking you being in pain again. It's winter and it's cold."

"Sorry daddy." I say abruptly for jokes and he leans in close and whispers in my ear.

"Save that for when we're in bed." He says lowly, and smirks before he leaves the common room. I turn back around and head for my dorm but Theo follows me on the way.

"Where you going Camila?" He asks.

"Bed. I'm so tired."

"You've been resting for two hours." He chuckles, watching me struggle to climb the stairs.

"In pain." Is all I say and he nods, understanding.

"I'd carry you up but I'm sure Mattheo would throw me in a river or something."

"You're right about that, wouldn't risk it if I were you." I laugh, opening the door to my room, and turning around at the entrance to look up at Theo. "You wanna come in?"

"Yep." He says and I smile. He enters the room and I make sure to sit on my spinning chair by the dressing table, just so we both don't end up on the bed together. If someone walked in, it wouldn't look so great, eventhough Theo and I are purely just friends.

He takes a seat on the beanbag on the floor and I spin around in my chair, kicking against the floor. "Stop angel, you're making me feel dizzy."

"My bad." I sigh.

"Tell me honestly." He says. "How've you been?"

"Uhmm... not the best. It's been rough, but it would've been worse if Mattheo wasn't with me. He's made my days a lot less dreadful." I explain and he nods with a smile.

"Thought so."

"Mhm... today he got me chocolates. It was great."

"He's really changing for you, isn't he?"

"I guess so. I never expected this out of him when I first met him." I sigh.

"Neither did I." Theo shrugs, playing with my claw clip he found on my messy bedroom floor.

"How's Astoria?" I wiggle my brows and he wipes his hand across his face.

"She's okay I guess."

"You guess?" I question. "Tell me more."

"Well, she's a pretty girl and she's really nice it's just that... I don't think we've clicked that well." He shrugs and I nod in understanding.

"I get what you mean. Hopefully it'll get better though. With time."

"No, that's the thing. I feel like if I truly were to like her the spark would've been instantaneous. You know, like how it was with you." He pauses for a moment, our eyes locked on each others and my eyes widen a little. "I mean like with our friendship."

I let out a breath I never knew I was holding in and swallow. "Oh yes of course. We do get on quite well. You're definitely one of my closest friends."

"Mhm..." he looks down and then back up at me. "You're really something else aren't you angel?"

I stop and look at him, my heart skipping a beat. "Wha- what do you mean Theo?"

"Nevermind." He sighs, standing up from the beanbag and walking towards me. I sit there looking up at him, as he inches near... I watch as he leans over and my stomach flips, assuming he's going to make a move. But then suddenly, I realise he's only leaning over to place the claw clip down on the dressing table behind me.

He stands up straighter and smirks, before ruffling my hair and walking to the door. "If you need anything angel, I'm always here for you. Okay?"

"Okay Theo." I say and with that, he opens the door and leaves, leaving me stunned.

What on earth is going on?