49 | only him

I didn't do fuck all wrong in my opinion. What I did was one hundred percent justified, and anyone who disagrees is just a weirdo, and a creep just like Draco Malfoy.

An essay on what I did wrong:
Perhaps I shouldn't have acted with as much aggression as I did seen as though the ugly blonde boy now has a broken nose, but realistically who cares? He deserved it? But maybe of course, violence isn't always the answer and I should've thought before I acted, after he touched me up and laid his hands on my thighs. Hope the creep is okay though (me showing much remorse) xxx

I hear Theo trying to hold in a chuckle from beside me and I turn to look at him and his paper, which is empty after ten whole minutes. "What you giggling at?" I ask and he raises his brows at my paper.

"The amount of waffle you've just wrote there is hilarious." He whispers and I shrug.

"It's a load of bull." I sigh. "She isn't gonna read it anyway. They never do. Might as well get my sarcasm out on the page whilst I can."

"Fair enough." He says, and I notice him laying his eyes on me for a moment to long. I suddenly feel his knee underneath the table touch mine, but for some reason, I don't move my leg away.

He's sat to the left of me, and I notice him putting his right hand under the table, and holding his pen in his left, eventhough he's right handed. Both my hands are already under, and my heart starts racing when I realises what he's trying to do.

My mind floods with emotions, remembering how dead inside I've felt since both my mum and Mattheo have gone... how angry and enraged I've felt knowing Draco had the freedom to touch me when he likes... the feeling of wanting a bit of comfort back, and peace, which I haven't been able to find with anyone else but Mattheo.

But for some reason, my stupid brain gives in, hoping to test the comfort I find within Theo... who's been such a great friend to me from the get go. I suddenly feel his finger touching my hand, the warmth of his skin against mine making me let out a breath.

A million thoughts race through my mind, but as soon as I feel his hand rest on the top of mine, I pull my hand away out of instinct, and pretend to sort out my hair.

I make sure to keep my hands on top of the desk, but I can sense the tension now between the two of us is deadly.

God, I hope I haven't ruined our friendship.

I hope he doesn't hate me.

But this isn't what I want. I couldn't possibly imagine being intimate with anyone else but him. Not after everything me and him have been through. I wouldn't throw all that away for nothing.

But as days go by, and as the Winter Ball gets closer, I lose faith in the Ministry and begin to believe that they've locked my love in Azkaban... tears form in my eyes assuming that I'll never get to see him again. He's been gone for too long now, and I need to know what has happened to him.

***

It's the day of the Winter ball and I can't wake up. My eyes remain shut as I cuddle up in my duvet, hiding from the wintery morning air.

I cried all night last night. About everything. I couldn't stop and ended up crying myself to sleep. My eyes now felt kind of sticky and I felt disgusting within myself.

My mum was gone. Mattheo has disappeared, and no one cares. Everyone's focused on this stupid ball that I don't even want to go to, instead of being worried for a student who's being framed.

I can't deal. It's too early for this. By early, I mean past noon, since I slept in of course. I'm pretty sure everyone would be getting ready now since the ball starts at five.

There's an urgent knock on my door and with a groan I drag myself out of bed and open the door, only to find Astoria stood there looking panicked. "MAKEUP. HELP. NOW." She says and I laugh lazily, looking half dead, as she storms into my room. She plops herself at my dressing table and I yawn.

"I won't be a minute." I say, and head to the bathroom to freshen up. I wash my face, brush my teeth and sort my hair out. I stay in my oversized fluffy pyjama hoodie and walk back into my dorm where Astoria is using my skincare products.

I don't mind at all since me and her have become really close, and I already agreed on helping her out with getting ready. She turns to me and looks up with her eyes closed, I smile, embracing my friend's natural beauty and then begin her makeup.

As I'm working along, I realise that I hadn't wet the beauty sponge. "Ugh, one sec Tori." I say, and head back into the bathroom to give it a quick rinse. When I walk back in, Astoria isn't at the dressing table, but instead by the window with her back towards me. Confused I go up to her and she turns around slowly.

"Camila, I think this package is for you." She says to me, and I look down at it confused. Wrapped in wrapping paper, and a tag attached to it. I sit down on my bed and flip the tag over, and my heart skips a beat.

Mila.

My hands start to shake, theories running through my mind, my eyes widening as I unwrap the package. I gasp at the sight of a glittery sparkling white silk material, looking almost as if it's unreal and made of magic.

I pull it out, and hold up the most beautiful dress I have ever seen. Astoria gasps in shock, and begins to squeal.

"OH MY GOD CAMILA-" she begins to waffle on about how nice the dress is but my mind blocks it all out, as my hands still shake, trying to figure out who else could've send this to me, tagged with the nickname he gave to me?

Suddenly, there's a thud at the window, as an owl drops off a box which lands on my floor. Astoria picks it up for me, and it's labelled with the same tag, but no sender name yet again. I hang the dress up on my closet door and open the box, gasping once more to find the most beautiful sparkling heels to match with the dress. It has a pretty butterfly on each shoe too, and my heart begins to race.

"Oh my god." I stand there in shock, hands over my mouth.

"Who sent it?" She asks me and I pause. "No idea."

What if I'm being delusional?