34 | tears falling

We make our way to the long queue, and Mattheo stands right by me with his hands in his pockets. I look up at the tall boy next to me as he inspects the ride, looking concerned. "Doesn't look safe to me." He mumbles, and I try and hold in a laugh.

"You're the last person I want to go on this ride with right now, but suck it up buttercup."

"Don't ever call me buttercup again." He says, looking down at me.

"Sorry sweet cheeks." I say and he groans.

We stand there silent for a few moments, until we notice a couple in front of us being very.... PDA. They hold hands, and she messes about with his hair, and giggle and all sorts. He plants a kiss on her forehead, and Mattheo and I just stand there blankly, watching the two.

"That was us once upon a time." Riddle says and I scoff, looking up at him. I decide not to speak my thoughts, even though I'm pretty sure he can read them anyway.

Finally, it's our turn to get on the ride, and with much excitement I step forward in front of Mattheo and smile at the employee who's letting everyone in. "On your own?"

"Huh?" I ask, and turn around only to find Mattheo's not there. "I- uh- wasn't alone..."

"Hurry up girl!" Some angry man with a posh accent shouts at me from behind.

"Sorry, sorry." I say nervously and step out of the queue, standing on my tiptoes to look for Mattheo. Where the fuck is he?

I begin to panic, my heart rate quickening and my breathing growing heavier by the second. I start nervously speed walking around the fair, scanning over stalls to see if he's wandered off to get a drink or snack or something... but no. He's no where near the ferris wheel.

I take a turn and continue to try and search for him, not knowing how to feel. Worried? Angry? That he's disappeared again? Fuck, what if he's in danger?

My anxiousness starts to grow even more, as I imagine what could be happening to him right now. That's when I see her. The lady who's supposed to be at the counter, stood there. She has short blonde hair, and her hotel uniform, a red maxi skirt, red heels and a red blazer. And bright red lipstick. She stands there, frozen as she looks at me... her lips stretching out into a wide grin, her pearly white teeth being seen from such a distance.

I begin to get creeped out, as I suddenly get a shiver run straight through me. I stand there and watch as she slowly walks away, turning a corner, but her eyes still set on me.

For fucks sake.

I grip onto my wand that's in my inside pocket, and slowly walk over to where she was standing before, but then quicken my speed when I finally decide to follow her. I turn the same corner she took, and it leads me between a small alley between two stalls.

I turn another corner, and I gasp, and stumble back in shock, immediately pulling out my wand when I see a person fully cloaked in black, with a mask on, pointing a wand down at Mattheo who's sat slumped against the wall, blood trickling down his face. The lady is also there too behind the cloaked man and a sudden rush of anger runs straight through me.

"Everte statum!" I shout, but before the spell  could hit them, they disappear into smoke, and a sigh of relief leaves me and I rush to Mattheo, crouching down next to him in worry.

His face is all busted up and his eyes are barely open. His curls shadow his bloody face and I take his cold hands into mine. "Mattheo, what did they do to you?" My voice shakes, my eyes watering up as tears start flooding out.

I attempt to lift him up but I'm not strong enough at all. I keep trying but nothing works, and I hear a groan come out of him. "I'm okay love." He mumbles and I quickly kneel down in front of him.

"Mattheo, you're not fucking okay." I cry. "What do I do?"

"Just wait-" he groans, and begins to push himself up. "I can get up."

I grip onto his arms and attempt to help him get onto his feet, and when he does he stumbles slightly, but I catch him and put his arm over my shoulder, as we begin walking out of the alley. He limps and tears continue to stream down my face.

"Wait-" he stops in his tracks. "We can't let anyone see me."

"We need to get you to a hospital Mattheo!" I tell him.

"Are you crying darling?" He asks, turning to face me as he removes his arm off my shoulders. He towers over me, and uses his thumb to gently wipe away a falling tear from my cheek. I look down and relish his touch, before pulling his arm over my shoulder again.

"We're going to the hospital and then we're going back to Hogwarts. Then you're going to fucking tell me what's going on."

"But-"

"No questions asked."

***

I sit beside Mattheo who lays in the hosiptal bed as we wait for the doctor to come over and check on him. A few of the nurses had already cleaned some of his wounds and bandaged him up, but we were just waiting on some final checks to see if he's ready to leave yet or not.

It was just the two of us here, as the boys had gone back to the hotel to get all of our things. I told them to be cautious and keep their wands in their hands, since the lady at the counter may have been there and she cannot be trusted.

I sit in the chair with my hand pressed against my forehead as Mattheo turns to look at me. I hadn't spoken to him since we got to the hospital and I wasn't planning on doing so either.

"Camila talk to me."

"Not a fucking chance." I scoff, and stand up and leave him there, opening the curtain and looking around for the nurse. I ask her how long the doctor is going to be and she tells me he'll be about five minutes.

I take a deep breath and stand there, before noticing a vending machine nearby. I put the coins in and push two buttons, taking out two chocolates. I go back to Mattheo and throw a chocolate bar at him and he sits up in his bed and smiles.

"Thank you." Is all he says, and I stand there, looking down at the boy as he attempts to open the chocolate, his veiny hands fiddling with the wrapper.

I sit down beside him on the bed, and take it off of him. I open the wrapper and hand it back to him and he gives me a warm smile.

"Please, tell me what's going on with you Mattheo?"