25 | all a little fuzzy

Camila's POV

I can't go to sleep. What's new? My mind is in a million different places and I feel sick in my stomach. So many things went wrong today, and so many things opened my eyes.

My mother knows. The one thing I didn't want to happen. On top of that, Astoria is super mad at me, but I had every right to confront her about my stolen letters. Well not confront, but question.

My mind just can't stop thinking and thinking and thinking. Who could've done it? Why did they do it? When will I get him back?

A knock at the door.

What? It's 3am.

I lazily get out of bed, and head to the door wearing my PJ shorts and crop top, hoping it's not a professor or someone important, I open the door and I look up to find Mattheo stood there, looking down at me.

I take a small step back and his brows furrow.

"Why knock? You usually just come right in." I say to him.

"Didn't think you'd want to see me." He replies and there's a moment of silence.

"You know what I want Mattheo." I say to him, and he looks me dead in the eyes and rubs his face in frustration.

"Don't do this to me Camila. Not when you know you can't have me anymore." He takes a step closer to me, and enters my room, smoothly shutting the door behind him.

"I can't have you?"

"I know about the letters from your mum, my love." He says quietly, looking down at me as he tucks a piece of hair behind my ear.

The room is dark, and the only thing allowing me to see his face is the small dim lamp on my side table.

"How do you know about that? Did you take them?" I ask alarmed.

"What, no." He laughs a little, but it's a sad kind of laugh. We're both hurting deep down, I can sense it. "Pansy took them."

"I- Pansy?"

"Mhm. Hard to believe?"

"Not at all." I say, and instantly feel bad for accusing Astoria. "How do you know this?"

"I'm sure you've figured out my little trick by now."

I attempt to take a step back, but he takes my hand and pulls me closer to him.

"So you can mind read?" I ask him, taking a breath.

"Mhm." His hand trails up my arm.

"And you found out Pansy did it?"

"I even checked through Astoria's mind, and she didn't do it. I was wrong about her. She seems like a genuine friend for you."

"I- thank you Mattheo. You didn't have to."

"No I had to. You're my girlfriend." He smiles a little and I look away, forcing the smile off my face.

"This is pretend Mattheo, and we'll never be able to be together truly. It's my mum she..." I stop and think of a way to tell him.

"I got a little bit of an idea of what the letters were about after reading Pansy's mind, but it was all a little fuzzy." He says. "All I know is that you can't be with me."

"Mattheo... she's gonna make me move schools if I continue to associate myself with you."

He looks at me blankly.

"What?"

"It'll be okay... won't it? If we didn't see each other..."

"How will it be okay Camila?"

"I mean we're only in a fake relationship and you don't actually like me like that so it shouldn't be hard... right?"

He looks away and then back, but this time he doesn't look me in the eyes. His expression is darkened, his face dropped into a miserable sort of look and he nods.

"Shouldn't be hard."

"Right." I take a step away from him, and begin fidgeting with the necklace he once 'gifted' to me. The one with the emerald pendant and gold chain.

He reaches for it, his hand skimming across the skin of my neck, as he examines the pendant.

"Pretty."

"You did choose it for me."

"Not the necklace."

I look at him on confusion.

"You're so oblivious Camila."

He lets go of the emerald.

"I should go now then. We can't be seen together." He tells me and I stop for a moment to process what I just heard in both my head and in reality.

He turns around to leave but I grab onto his hand and he turns back to look at me.

"I can't let you go Mattheo."

"You're going to have to. For your sake."

With that, he leaves my room and closes the door, leaving me stood there with my eyes filled with tears, ready to spill.

My night just got so much worse.

***

"We're going this evening, right Camila?" Enzo asks excitedly, as both himself, Theo, Blaise and I sit around the fireplace in the common room.

"Eventhough I'm super sad today, yes. We'll be going. I did promise you guys."

"Really sorry it didn't work out with Riddle." Blaise says.

"I actually didn't see it coming this time." Theo adds. "You two just seemed like you were meant to be."

Enzo throws a cushion at Nott. "You're not helping Theo."

"It's okay." I laugh. "I saw it coming. So I'm fine."

There's a moment of silence.

"So, where are we going specifically, what are we going to do?"

"Well, we're going to be staying in London for one night, but don't worry guys, I've booked the hotel. A room for the three of you and then one for myself."

"Ugh do I really have to share it with these two idiots?" Enzo groans.

"Says the biggest idiot himself." Theo rolls his eyes.

"Anyway, we'll just be having a wander around London, maybe go on the London Eye who knows. Shopping, site seeing. Cute cafes maybe. It's up to you guys." I say to them and they all look even more excited than before.

"I can't wait angel." Theo smiles at me.

"Same. But we need to be a little discrete about it, okay? We can't be getting caught before we've even set off." I tell them and they nod in agreement.

"Just a couple more hours of school and then we'll be off to London." Enzo whispers happily,

"Get your bags packed boys. And don't be late."