Glass Tables

sex money feeling die- Lykke Li
[Title]

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆
Heyy girl!" A smiley girl standing in the yard yells towards Amara with a red solo cup.

"Hi, Dixie," Amara waves, stepping out of the car. Dixie's eyes fall on Cassidy. Her smile drops.

"So, already befriending the new girl? Haven't you learned your lesson?" Dixie scoffs as the group walks up to her.

"Dixie-" Amara starts.

"No, no. This is bullshit. You said you learned your lesson, but here we are again. What happened hurt everyone in this family, Amara. And here you are doing the exact same fucking thing again as if you don't even remember him," Dixie shouts, tears forming in her eyes as she throws the cup on the floor. The brown liquid inside splashes, staining Cassidy's dress. She jumps back.

"Dixie, it's okay. She's not like the...other one."

"How do you know that? She's only been here a week!"

"Dixie-" Taylor starts.

"No, no! I can't believe you two!" Dixie screams, stomping off towards the house. The other girls that are with her follow her, shouting her name. Cassidy looks around to realized that most people are staring at them. She turns back to her friends.

"What was that all about?"

"A few years back, there was this new girl, and she did some...bad stuff. But it's fine. You're not like that, Dixie just..." A sad look fills Amara eyes as she hides it by giving Cassidy a warm smile, "you know what? Nevermind. Those are some bad memories from a while ago. We're here to have fun, so let's do that!"

"First, we need to clean off your dress. Let's go," Taylor grabs Cassidy's arm, leading her inside as Amara follows.

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆
-AMARA-

Dixie brought up some bad memories that I was hoping to stuff away. I distracted myself for a while, but when she says stuff like that...it brings me right back to two years ago. Something I never want to experience ever again.

Maybe Dixie was right. Maybe I should've learned my lesson. But something is different about Cassidy. She seems more genuine. She wouldn't do that to me.

I follow Taylor and Cassidy into the house. It's super crowded, with people in every corner of the house. It's even that late yet, maybe 8PM at most, but there are already people dancing on tables and chugging kegs of beer.

The room is huge, a kitchen, living room and dining room all in one. The ceilings are tall and a huge chandelier hands on the top. It has been a while since I had been there, after everything went down.

"I'm going to the bathroom to get Cassidy cleaned up. You coming?" Taylor turns to ask me. There's a softness in her eyes. She can read me well, she knows I'm upset.

"I'm going to get a drink. I'll catch you later," I force a smile. Taylor pats my arms before turning and leading Cassidy upstairs.

I turn towards the kitchen, which is crowded with all different kinds of bottles, cups and alcohol. Whenever these memories bubble up, drinking usually helps.

I stalk over towards the table, sitting down at one of the chairs. Laughing echoes in the background as I call the mixologist over. Yes, mixologist. Wealth runs in our family and Dixie can more than afford it.

The bartender strolls over to me. He's surprisingly young, maybe even our age. He turns around, and I gasped. He looks familiar.

Holy shit, he's from Enhypen. What's his name? Sunghoon? Sunoo?