New Girls in Town

Fearless- Lesserafim
"You should get away, get a, get a, get away, mm-mm-mm-mm, I'm fearless."

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆
-AMARA-

"Yeah, state championships are in the spring. We've been preparing all season," I explain, turning my head to Taylor.

"You'll do fine. You're gonna stress about it, I can already tell!" She reassures, patting my back.

"Yeah, I dunno though. I've just been feeling...kind've sad lately," I look down. I can feel Taylor's concerned look burning into my head, but I refuse to look at her.

"Why? You can tell me anything, you know."

Maybe I can, but for this, it feels more personal. It's now officially the holiday season. Christmas was her favorite season, she made everyone know that. Everyone. And it was Christmastime when she gave me that bear...

The one with cameras.

I shiver. I never told Taylor about that, it would make her too upset.

"I'm fine. Let's just wait for Cassidy," I sigh, and we turn around, facing the door. The doors burst open, and she comes strutting inside. My eyes widen when I see what she's wearing.

She's wearing a Christmas themed sweater, with different elements of red and green, in cute patterns that line the bottom. The rest of the outfit is fairly normal, with jeans and converse. She looks much happier than normal, and giddy. She's usually pretty quiet. She talks, but not like, let's say, Taylor-level.

"Hi guys!" She says happily. People turn to her. The rumors are floating still around, just not as intense as they were a few days ago. Still, though, Ni-ki skipped school and apparently didn't even go home. No one has talked to him, but I guess that he just wanted to get away a bit.

"Hi..?" I say, but it's more like a question. She's never this happy.

"Are you guys ready for class?!" She squeals.

"Duh!" Taylor returns her energy, obviously just happy that someone else is as giddy as her. Especially recently, because of one person in particular. In fact, he walks up to them that very second.

"Hey guys. Hi, Taylor," Heeseung flashes her a big smile. Taylor jumps lightly.

"Hiiii! C'mon, my class is this way!" She grabs his hand, and starts to drag him down the hallway. I can swear I can see him smile as she pulls him away.

"It's Christmas time!" Cassidy exclaims, skipping down the hallway. Wait, what?

Of course, she loves Christmas. Just like her. She's just like her in so many ways.

Hopefully, not in every way.

She chuckles, spinning around and looking at all the decorations that are starting to be hung up, even though it's only December first. It seems like everyone is perfectly happy but me.

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆
-CASSIDY-

"There will be a few new students today, class!" Mrs. Dale announces. Cassidy turns to Amara, and she throws up her shoulders, signaling that she knows nothing about it. She turns to Taylor as well, who also looks confused. Strange that no one knows who these people are, especially her two gossipy friends.

"The good news is that a few of them are in honors! Class, please welcome Chaewon and Yunjin to honors!" Mrs. Dale opens the door, and two girls walk inside.

Cassidy sees that they're both very pretty, yet slightly intimidating. One has short, black hair with bangs and a cute outfit that Cassidy wishes she had. Even with Ni-ki's shopping spree, she can't style the clothes. Plus, she'd rather wear Christmas themed clothes.