Karaoke & Constellations

Like Crazy- Jimin
"I'd rather be lost in the lights."

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆
I'll be gone until New Years," Cassidy's mom explains, placing down a cup of orange juice. Cassidy looks up at her, turning her head in confusion. Her mom bites her lip, pulling her large suitcase closer.

"That's a whole month, mom. What could possibly make you be gone that long?" She asks, cutting into the side of her waffle with her fork. Since she's leaving today, she made her childhood favorite: frozen waffles with sprinkles and whipped cream. Cassidy smiles as she remembers how her mom would spray the whip cream into her mouth, and a little bit on her nose. She would squeal as her mom put some on her chin, as if a beard. She loved it so much, now, it's a bit less magical.

"My client is very adamant. He wants original furniture from around the world, and he wants to make sure it's made just to his imagination. I have to pick up the furniture and make sure it's exactly what he wants. So, I have to leave. Will you be okay?" She sighs. Cassidy blinks in amazement. Ever since...the whole ordeal yesterday, where, you know, she almost died or whatever, she's been wondering how she can tell her mother how she has stay at the Enhypen house. Now, she doesn't have to.

"I'll be okay, mom. I'll miss you," She smiles sweetly, getting up and pulling her into a large hug. She's not lying, she will miss her, but it's for the best. After a long hug, her mom pulls away with teary eyes.

"I'll miss you more," She stares at her longingly again, before gripping her luggage and turning away.

"My uber is here. Call me everyday. Love you!" She shouts, blowing her a kiss. Rolling her eyes playfully, she smiles, waving her off. After a few more sentiments, she finally closes the door, and Cassidy sighs, picking up her fork again. It's eerily quiet.

Taking a bite, she opens her phone swiftly.

"EMERGENCY!!! Amara's, like, really sad for some reason. Need to cheer her up ASAP. Wanna do something fun for her?? Maybe at Enhypen's after school? Sunoo might cheer her up. Thanks xo 😘 😃😁😁😆😆," A text from Taylor reads. Little does she know, she'll be there anyway. Cassidy rolls her eyes, texting back.

"Sure. Meet us there after school." She says simply, shutting off her phone and throwing her dishes in the sink. She picks up her backpack, and heads towards the door where a black lambo is waiting for her. It's Jake, apparently they have to take turns driving her to school and "watching her" as if she's a baby or something. She opens the door, plopping inside.

"Hey. Excited to move in today?" He asks excitedly, pulling out of his spot. Cassidy sighs, causing him to look over at her concernedly.

"I guess. This is just all happening so quickly. First Justin, then those girls, and now I'm moving in. Plus, Sunghoon is hurt. Why is there always someone who's hurt?" She rambles. Now it's Jake's turn to sigh.

"I wish I could tell you." Cassidy leans over, turning on the radio, even though they're already at school. It's an even quicker drive than it is a walk. Jake parks in a spot towards the middle, but he doesn't get out. He leans over towards Cassidy.

"What was that whole thing with Ni-ki yesterday?" She asks, not looking at him.

"I know no more than you do. From what he told us, he was born and raised in America. We met him about three years ago, and then we formed-" He stops himself, midsentance. He reaches forward, turning off the radio and then the car.

"Y'know what? It isn't my place to tell you. C'mon, we're gonna be late," He mumbles coldly, getting out of the car. Cassidy sighs, and after a few seconds, she follows him.