Euphoric

Ancient Dreams in a Modern Land- Marina and The Diamonds
"I live in the space between the stars and the sky."

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆
A few weeks later-

Cassidy looks up at the sign of the Cola café. Yes, that café, the one where Ni-ki spilled coffee all over her. Taylor offered to have coffee and do some studying for their next exam. She feels lucky, especially since she can get away from Amara. Lately, all she talks about is Sunoo and how good their sex is.

Ever since her...thing with Jake, things seemed awkward. And now, it's Thanksgiving day and the tension still hasn't eased up. Cassidy avoided all of Enhypen for many reasons. Things between her and Ni-ki are worse than ever, especially after she basically rejected him. She literally hadn't seen him since, he stopped going to school.

She wasn't even talking with Sunoo, he didn't go to school either. In fact, none of them did. Strange.

Greeting Taylor, she sits down, grabbing the coffee she already got for her.

"Thank goodness I can get away from Amara. All she fucking talks about is her and Sunoo," Cassidy jumps in surprise at her statement. She didn't think she'd be so straight up with that.

"What about you and Heeseung?" Taylor rolls her eyes.

"I'm still working up the courage to ask. My ex keeps texting me, and I honestly need to hurry up," Cassidy and her share a laugh as they open up their laptops. They're chatting about their assignment when the door opens.

"Hey! I saw you guys walk in and thought I'd say hi!" Sunoo smiles, sliding in next to Taylor.

"It feels like it's been forever. Y'know, after the mall," Taylor smiles.

"Yeah, I've only really talked to Amara. Do you guys want to catch up at our house today?" Sunoo offers.

"Are you sure were allowed?" Cassidy questions.

"It should be fine. Y'know, Thanksgiving and all. As a way to kind've mend things," He peers over at Cassidy for a split second before clearing his throat and looking away.

"Sounds fun. We'll be there."

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆
-About an hour later-

Cassidy turns in front of the mirror, examine her dress. Taylor said the dress code is semi-formal, as if she has a clue what that is. The only dress she could find is a simple black one, with a tan belt and matching cardigan that hangs over her hips. It's cute, but is it cute enough? Please, who is she trying to impress?

Jake, obviously. She's over Ni-ki. So totally over him.

Sighing, Cassidy slides onto her bed, pulling all her hair to the front to tie it into a comfortable braid. In the middle of the braid, a soft knock comes from the door.

"Hey, kiddo," Cassidy's mom whispers from the door. Smiling at her, Cassidy finishes up the braid and grabs her purse.

"Hi," She replies, walking up to her mom. She looks sad, yet happy for her.

"I can't believe you're so grown up already. Having Thanksgiving at a friends house, leaving your old mom behind," Cassidy rolls her eyes.

"Mom, you're literally having dinner with your friends and coworkers. You'll be fine."

"I know, I know. I'll just miss you," Cassidy laughs slightly, and leans up to give her a kiss on the cheek. Patting her back, she watches as her not so young daughter anymore walks out of the house and into the biting cold.