A Random Friday in November

Groupie Love [feat. A$AP ROCKY]- Lana Del Rey
"It's so sweet pouring you a drink and pretending that nothing means anything."

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆
Yawning, Cassidy strolls into homeroom, sitting down at her seat. It's so strange, just a few months ago this is how she met her sworn enemy. Or not-enemy. Or crush. No, not crush. Frenemy? Two-people-who-are-attracted-to-each-other-emy? God, this is too confusing.

Cassidy smiles at Amara as she walks in. Sitting down beside her, she leans in, starting to whisper. Wow, this must be deja vu.

"Are you going to the basketball game tonight?" She asks.

"What basketball game?"

"Basketball season starts today. I was thinking we could go to their game, it's home. A lot of Enhypen's in it," She says. Cassidy's eyes widen at this. She doesn't know why, but she's never considered that Enhypen might actually have extracurricular activists.

"Who?" Cassidy questions. Amara slips on a sly smile.

"You wanna know if Jake's on the team, don't you?" She wiggles her eyebrows. Cassidy pretends to be shy to play along. She was actually trying to figure out about Ni-ki, though.

"Well, you're in luck. Jake, Sunghoon, Heeseung and Ni-ki play it. They're pretty good, too," Cassidy smiles, thanking her. Her mind wanders off, thinking about Ni-ki playing his sport. In his element, focused on the ball, all sweaty, his hair sticking to his face...

Wow, she needs to get her mind out of the gutter!

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆
-After school-

Cassidy stalks up to Taylor's locker, which Amara is already leaning against, chatting casually with her. She seems not herself lately, a little sad.

"Hey!" They greet Cassidy and start towards the gym. They are already late, since Cassidy stayed after school to help some kid with tutoring and had to spend a little bit of extra time.

"C'mon!" Amara rushes, pushing Cassidy and Taylor as they run towards the gym. They can already hear the ref blowing the whistle and the squeaking of basketball shoes. Bursting into the gym, they practically fall into the bleachers, taking their seats towards the top. Panting, they put their bags down and narrow their eyes towards the game.

The Reach Eagles, as the team is called, is going up against the Paft Panthers, a team a few towns over. Peering up at the scoreboard, Cassidy can see that they're already 2 points ahead even though the game just started.

Cassidy observes the starters. A few athletic kids she isn't surprised at, and then Ni-ki, Jake, Heeseung and Sunghoon. She also isn't surprised at this. Ni-ki, obviously, works out due to his figure, Jake played soccer back in October, Heeseung was talking about his love for basketball and Cassidy heard that Sunghoon used to skate when he was younger. He looks very poised, even on the court. She's really only talked to Ni-ki, Sunoo, Jake, and Heeseung. She'd like to get to know the others.

"Hi!" Sunoo greets the small group, climbing next to Cassidy. They greet him back as he sits down, a big smile on his face. He's been extra happy lately, ever since him and Amara hooked up at the halloween party.

"They're pretty good," Cassidy states, watching Ni-ki push past his defender and throw the ball skillfully into the basket, so smoothly it makes a clean "whoosh". Giving himself a proud smile, he pulls his shirt up, wiping the sweat off of his forehead. After getting a small peek of his abs, Cassidy gulps and turns away.

"We always have been. Almost went to state championships last year," Amara quips, at which Cassidy exclaims at.

Reach dominates the game, of course. They end up winning 109-23, and Cassidy's hands were red from clapping. Whilst the starters give proud high fives to the other team out of good sportsmanship, she notices a pair of eyes on her, from the court. Hoping it's a certain someone, she directs her gaze to the mysterious looker.