The Truth

Dark Red- Steve Lacy
"Something bad is 'bout to happen to me."

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆
Cassidy sighs as she watches Enhypen's large mansion come into view. Looking at the back of Ni-ki's head, she feels this nervousness crawl through her. She still has this feeling that she's forgetting something, and the others refuse to fill her in on the whole accident.

Cassidy opens the door lightly, stepping out of the car as Amara and Taylor follow. She's covered in blood, which really doesn't make sense because only the back of her head hurts a little, but as mentioned before, everyone refuses to tell her anything.

Stepping into their warm house, Cassidy feels familiarity and, somehow, comfort spreads across her body, even though last time she was here, things didn't go quite as planned. In their large, sleek fireplace, a warm fire crackles. Their table is filled with different kind of foods, from a crispy turkey to bubbling pots of gravy. Seasoned beans and mashed potatoes sit in painted bowls along with expensive looking bottles of wine. Cassidy can feel her stomach grumble.

The atmosphere is cozy, even in the boxy, modern house. A light, orange glow covers the whole house, and a large plaid table runner runs down the table along with a cornucopia resting on top. A few people sit at the large couches, including the rest of Enhypen and Addison and another girl she's never seen before. Addison sits in Jungwon's arms, cuddling up to his side. The other girl sits by Jake and Sunghoon.

Cassidy looks over at the kitchen. It's pretty messy, which is understandable. But, whose cooking surprises her. Jake sticks a plastic spoon into a pot on the stove, stirring it lightly before tapping it on the pot. That's quite a surprise.

The group on the couch holds small beers as they stare up at a football game. Ni-ki, Cassidy, Heeseung, Sunoo, Taylor and Amara walk up to them. Upon seeing them, Addison and the other girl stand up, smiling.

"Hey, guys!" Addison reaches over to give Cassidy a hug. Cassidy's not really a hugger, but she goes through with it and pats her back.

"Hi!" Cassidy greets back. Addison smiles, but then let's out an "oh" as if she had forgotten something.

"This is Clara. She's Sunghoon's 'friend'" She exaggerates the word friend. Clara rolls her eyes.

"Hi," She greets, and the girls greet her back.

"I heard about the accident. Are you three okay?" Sunghoon inquires from his spot on the couch.

"Yeah, thanks. It was pretty small," Taylor assures. Sunghoon smiles.

"Good. As Addison said, this is Clara. She's a good friend," He stands up, placing his hands in his pockets and stepping behind her. Cassidy can swear she hears Clara gasp ever so slightly.

"Do you wanna clean up before dinner?" Jungwon asks Cassidy. To be honest, she had completely forgotten about the blood.

"Yeah, probably. I need a shower," Cassidy chuckles. Everyone in the group besides her looks up at Ni-ki, expecting him to escort her. He rolls his eyes.

"C'mon," He sighs, dragging his feet toward the stairs.

Taking a familiar route, Ni-ki leads Cassidy to her room in silence, almost refusing to talk. The argument they had in the mall feels like forever ago at this point.

Opening his room door, Cassidy rolls her eyes and walks in, but hurriedly turns around when she hears his loud footsteps.

"What are you doing?"

"You think I'm leaving you alone in this house after what happened last time?"

"You are not coming with me to shower."