[Epilogue]: Some Things Never Change

Love song- Lana Del Rey
"Be my once in a lifetime."

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆
10 years later

"Seriously, Emma? You really think a high school reunion is necessary?" I say, scoffing and leaning up against the elevator I'm in. I smooth out my pencil skirt, watching at the floors slowly click downwards.

"Yes, Cassidy. It's good for you to relax once in a while, y'know?" My assistant says into the phone. I laugh at this, swinging my purse in my hand.

"It's sweet of you to think that a high school reunion would be fun for me."

"You think it wouldn't? Seeing all your old friends?" She asks. The sound of a keyboard clicking echoes from her phone.

"I think you forget I had, like, ten different high schools," I remark, stepping out of the elevator. A few bodyguards bow to me and I smile at them lightly, walking to the front door.

"I'm obviously talking about Reach. You graduated there."

"What's the point? I still talk to all my friends from there. Well, except..." I trail off, shaking my head. No need to stir up those memories, that's way in the past.

"Cassidy, come on! It will look good for your publicity!" She practically begs me. I sigh, walking out the front door of my office and to my car that's awaiting me.

"Fine."

"I'll send your plane tickets right over." She says with a smirk,

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆
-Later, at the airport-

"You should've told me to come!" I hear my husband's frantic voice say from the phone. I giggle at him.

"It's a stupid reunion, there's no need for you to come," I say. I adjust my sunglasses so they fit my face, blocking from any paparazzi that could be wandering around. My bodyguards nod to me, indicating my flight is boarding. I sigh.

"Still, you have to be with that...that asshole," He says. My smile melts away. I know exactly who he's talking about. How couldn't I?

"You don't know if he's going to be there," I say, my hand gripping my phone slightly harder.

"Oh, please. Any chance to see you? Give me a break!" I roll my eyes at his dramatic-ness. Three years of being married and he still doesn't trust me fully. However, deep in my heart I know he's right. I just do.

"Taylor, Amara and Addison said they're going. They're my best friends, they won't let anything happen to me," I say. I listen to the silence as I sit in my chair in first class, settling into the plushy leather.

"I'm going with you."

"What-?" I start suddenly.

"I don't care what you say. I need to protect you. I'll take the private jet. Be safe," Before I can object, he hangs up. I laugh, even him being over protective is kinda cute. Still, though, a twinge of nervousness rattles through my bones.

What will happen at the reunion?

Or, more like, who am I going to see...?

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆
-The next day, at the hotel-

"It's so weird being back here," I state, gazing out the window. My husband grabs my waist, pulling me back down and forcing a laugh out of me.

"Come back to bed!" He whines, and I push him off with a laugh.