IX. bad habits

In which you decided to welcome music once again in your life by grasping your guitar, going on a little adventure to Shibuya to find it.

Warning: smoking as coping mechanism.

Not proofread

" You used to poke my cheek when I'm out of it, all the time, and remember when you said when we'll actually finish that song we were making? I still kept it somewhere in the attic

" You used to poke my cheek when I'm out of it, all the time, and remember when you said when we'll actually finish that song we were making? I still kept it somewhere in the attic. Sometimes when I think too much of you at an ungodly hour, I'd go there and read them all over again. Even if I try to forget you, you just keep coming back around my head like some sort of a deja vu event that came from a dream. " The smell of tobacco smoke scented around the air that surrounded you as you exhaled a breath. It burned your throat but you didn't care, well right as in the moment that you had your focus more on the tombstone in front of you rather than the discomforting feeling with his name, Kimura Akio engraved.

It took you a couple of minutes to find his tombstone through the small road that had hundreds of them on either side. The sky above you was getting cloudy, the blue tint slowly fading into gray. You wouldn't be so surprised if it rained today, early June was the season of rain.

Your absolute favourite from the rest.

You remembered when you were little, you used to run around the front yard of your home during weekends that it rained, in your clothes getting soaked — jumping in the puddle of waters that formed without any care in the world. Your mother and father would sometimes accompany you, he'd dance her around the rain and you'd watched them in pure adoration with the thought of was that falling in love with a person was like? It was those times in your life that you didn't need to worry about anything and everything. Those times were one of the few reasons where you wanted to go back and relish the past where there wasn't thing awful about it.

Maybe you should find someone to greatly love akin to your love with the season of rainy days.

...

You frowned at your own thoughts.

Such things shouldn't be focused on too much. The concept of love, and any romantic attraction to anyone should be thrown away from your mind, there were two times that two fell for you, twice that you lost them. Any romantic approach in your radar should be cut from now. Honestly, you were scared with the thought of actually falling in love. You find it complicated, so you'll have to not ponder about it and connect what to do in order to properly have a good relationship. Platonic relationships, as of the moment, were what you were aiming for.

Breaking out from your train of thoughts, you neared the filter tip of the cigarette your lips and inhaled from your mouth. Exhaling it out from your lips with a small sigh, you were now aware of the slight burn that your throat had but it hurt more than usual. Perhaps, it was the fact that you've been smoking more frequently this year. It's slowly starting to become an addiction, everytime you tell yourself that it'd be the last and yet the next day you'd ask one of your older coworkers for a cigarette — until you started to secretly buy your own packet and hide them somewhere in your room where you were sure your mother wouldn't find. It was a guilty pleasure, and you've been keeping it from your mother. The last thing you wanted to see was her upset face so you found no good reason to let her know that her child had been smoking to relieve the pain.