[p.II.] XII. more than friends, less than lovers

🌂 Your night didn't go off as you wished you thought it would be with Ugetsu on your side the entire time.

Warning: a bit of angst.
somewhat toxic behaviour.

Not proofread.

🌂

" I almost forgot that I gave you a spare key to my house. "

You stared at his face as if he was the most loathed man alive and you felt a little annoyed, albeit, it wasn't entirely about his existence standing before you ( but yes, there was a part of it ) -- it was more with the fact that he just had to embrace you as if your life was on the line. Being on a predicament some time ago back in school with the

As always, his hair was a mess, his dark brown curly locks were all tangled, framing his face. It was a surprise that he didn't burn you with the cigarette he had in hand and you stared at it for a quick second, a sort of temptation luring you towards the stick and you thought a good smoke would have been good right now. His eyes spoke of teasing vanished as soon as he caught the sight of your cheek and the pained look that you had been trying to hide ever since you stepped out of the hallway where that bastard decided to let out his frustration of not being Yuri's lover to you.

And if there was one thing that you would be proud of, it was that you could read Ugetsu very well. It was the fact that you've been with him since your childhood, and for you, really, he was a person that could easily be read. You wondered if he thought of you the same with the years that you've spent together as friends. Best friends.

It was still clear as the sky remembering the first time that you met him, funny, because all the times that you tried to forget about your past, he was one of the only person that you didn't let go of despite the problems that the two of you face with each other as close friends.

Jealousy wasn't a feeling that constantly hit you when you were with him sometimes, it wasn't that big to the point that you hate him, but it wasn't that small either that you've thought lowly of yourself. Perhaps it was the fact that he was living a fair life back then when you didn't. Perhaps it was the fact that he was talented with his instrument while you were falling down back then. You watched him strive as the man - the world renowned violinist. The prodigy. What does an exceptionally talented man had to do with somebody who was nothing without their so-called talent? Such insecurities made your heart throb in guilt and knowing that you felt it because of him felt more worse than it already was. He was your best friend for goodness sake, at least cheer him up and support him so that he could strive more - and you did and still do. Afterall, those insecurities were silent and hidden, to be never voiced to him because behind the serious façade that he put in front of of everyone, Ugetsu was a sensitive man.

You've known that because you were with him all this time, the way that he was frustrated when he came off as second place on a competition, even though tears only threatened to fall from his eyes, you knew it was there. He wanted to soar everything related to the instrument he's been playing for years because that was the only thing that made him - feel him. Music was his gateway, you've never seen anyone escape their emotions towards their instrument like how he had done. The mere rich vibrations of the strings that he play with his bow, the way that his body swayed with the music that he plays, eyes closed - Ugetsu knew how to execute his emotions with music, but with the language of his body - that was a matter that you couldn't say that he does a good job so greatly.

You frowned at the mess that he had done on the coffee table of the living room, passing by in a brisk walk, enough to see cans of soft beer, junk foods, and a pack of cigarettes. You wouldn't get so irate at this time with this doing of his -- this was the third time he had barged in your house without any warning, although those times were where your mother wasn't gone, this was the first time that he went in like he owned the house - but with your circumstances just earlier, you were ten times more exasperated.