XIII. persuasion

Certain members of the band you crossed paths with (easily) persuades you to joining them.

UNEDITED.

PERSUASION chapter thirteen

" We can't just force them to join us. "

...

...

" You won't, you just have to persuade them. I don't know what you can do and say but just show them. Show them that you're willing to let them join so that they could be too...I know that we aren't on the goodest term for these past weeks - but please. Do it for their sake...

I know you're fond of them. "

beep

A day has passed since that incident with the dubbed "obsessed student" and with Ugetsu crashing into your house. Thankfully, that throbbing pain you had in your stomach (thanks to that student that you had yet to know the name of) was gone and now you found yourself peacefully eating lunch under the shade of a tree.

You munched the rice paired with honey glazed chicken and savored the taste, taking spoonful after the other that caused your throat to fill up and to clog - resulting for you to choke. You grabbed your tumbler and drank, the painful tightness inside your throat quickly going away in which you closed your eyes and released a breath from the relief.

The only thing you could think of was the fact that midterm was finally over and for a moment, the bristles of the leaves above and the howls and gentle touch of the wind against your skin were the only thing that you could hear and feel. Everything around you, like any days that you wished this lasted long - was calm. But knowing that this was something it was out of reach, you frowned at the boisterous laughters that walked in front of you - your vision going through the red shade of P.E. uniforms...

Before [c.] orbs stared at salmon pink colored ones, and to say that you were creeped out was an understatement.

A couple of feet from you, behind a bush seemed to crouch a familiar salmon pink haired kouhai. Mafuyu, was the one who seemed to be stalking (???) you behind that bush and the moment that two of you blink after your own realizations - his head disappeared from your field of vision.

Was it just a coincidence or was he really looking at you? If the former, why was it to be this type of circumstance? If the latter, then what the actual fuck?

Either of the two, you still felt really uncomfortable.

So you quickly closed your bento and put your spoon and chopsticks inside its container, putting both inside your lunch bag and after that, you stood up. Finding a place elsewhere where you'd get your peace and no one's eyes would be settled on you.

For some reason, later in the day after that weird encounter with Mafuyu, you couldn't stop feeling eyes over your form. But every time you turned around just when you felt like somebody was really looking at you, you found yourself in an utter state of confusion and perhaps fear - because there was no one that you could see that was looking at your form.

Were you going insane?

There was even a fellow club member of yours (who you managed to walk with in the hallway), who was concerned when he saw your head momentarily turn around whilst he was talking about something. It was all left not understood by you with the fact that you have your mind somewhere.

That gut feeling may have increased as you entered the train, taking your seat near the door for an easy exit after it drops you in your destination. You stared at the unopened screen of your phone's cracked screen, eyes shifting to it and to your shoes, extending to the two unfamiliar pairs standing in front of you from time to time as the sound of the bullet train moving at such a speed didn't seem to calm your nerves. Even when you opened your phone and played a game to pass the time and try to get rid of that feeling of being watched - it just didn't work.