X. when you were here before

Chapter Ten. In which you ask for a favour to your ex-girlfriend turned friend (?), it's a surprise that she accepted, even more when there wasn't any right tension between the two of you. It worked out good in the end, you think?

Warning: none.

Proofread. but there still might be
mistakes.

You didn't know what brought you to think of this idea

All you knew was that you took out your phone and typed the particular message as quickly as you could to avoid any more anxiousness filling your body. That was the first mistake that you've made as of this Sunday evening, you didn't think through much of it and that's how it led you to stare at the bright screen of your phone that stung your eyes lightly with the same feeling in your chest.

You

Can I ask for a favor?

Six words with a question mark on the end had your chest tightening up with nothing but nervousness.

Yuri

What is it?

You stared at her inquisitive reply for another minute and pondered about how you'd properly answer her question. She didn't exactly tell you that she would  accept your favor, you wouldn't be surprised if the girl was suspicious with whatever you had in mind. Better to be as specific as possible, so you typed calculatedly, erasing words a couple of times before you pressed the send button. You were far more nervous than before.

You

I was wondering if I could tag along with you tomorrow in the light music club? I recently got my guitar back and I'm trying to get a little familiar with the whole thing again and I need your help. If possible, could you play along with me with a keyboard?

You hoped that your message didn't sound too...desperate in this matter. You didn't know anyone from the music club that could help you with your little problem beside her and now you were starting to realize what you just did. You shuffled in your seat and groaned, lightly hitting your forehead against the surface of your table. Frankly, the thought had been consuming your mind that you couldn't exactly focus on doing your project that was halfway done in front of you. And you wanted to slap yourself in the face worse than what you've done with a certain second year because—

It had just been days that you broke up with your girlfriend. 

It had been days since you had an emotional confrontation with her.

But here you were, as if you didn't get affected by what the two of you had and what happened — messaging her for a favor. You just messaged your ex-girlfriend for a favor.