01. ᴍᴇᴇᴛɪɴɢ

Skatepark | Somewhere in New York

"Oh shit!" A voice yelled. "You good shawty." My eyes slowly flickered open and I happened to be on the ground for some reason.

"Yea, I'm good." I responded to the voice still not processing my surroundings. When I finally came to my senses I saw a darkskin guy with dreads in front of me holding his hand out.

I took his hand letting myself get off the ground. "Yo, I am so sorry." He apologized. "It's fine." I reassured dusting myself off.

"Where is my camera?" I mumbled to myself making the guy scuffle around. "Oh is this your camera?" He asked handing me it.

"Yea, that's it, thanks." I smiled taking the camera from him. "I fuck with your shirt." I complimented reading the logo. "Thanks, I appreciate it." He smiled.

"I'm Ray." He introduced holding out his hand. "I'm Y/N." I say returning his handshake. "So Y/N, you film?" Ray asked pointing to my camera.

"Yea, it's just a small hobby I picked up." I shrugged trying to downplay it. "Oh, that's wassup. My friend back home, Fourth Grade, films too." He smiled.

I scrunched my face up hearing the nickname. "Fourth grade?" I questioned. "Yea...it's just a dumb nickname me and my friends gave him." He responds messing with his skateboard.

"How come?" I got more intrigued on the nickname. "It's because he's as dumb as a fourth grader." The man responds making me not sure if he was being serious or not.

"You deadass?" I awkwardly scoff trying to figure out if he was being for real. "Yea-" He was about to start rambling but I stopped him.

"Oh, ok well imma go." I start to walk away from him. He was silent until I felt him swiftly walk to catch up to me. "Wait, Y/N! Oh, that was loud, sorry." He awkwardly apologizes

"Yea?" I questioned not sure what else he could want. "How come you're in this skate park? You don't look like a skater." He questions.

I looked him up and down for judging me. "I do skate and I also film, I was looking for a muse to be in my movie." I rolled my eyes.

He perked up after hearing that. "I could be your muse, I am pro skater Ray." He says flexing his muscles. "Omg! You're pro skater Ray, I love you so much." I sarcastically say making him laugh at my antics.

"Haha, very funny. I'm being serious, why don't you film me ma? We could be a team." He tries to convince me to say yes. "I'll think about it." I shrugged.

"You know you can't resist me, you'll say yes." He cockily says making me scoff. "You got too much dip on your chip, we just met nigga." I joked.

"Well you can watch me skate or skate with me, to see if I'm muse worthy." He tries to convince. I started looking around the skate park. "What you looking for?" He asks looking around with me.

"A skate board. Does it look like I have one." I deadpanned. "Right, my bad ma. You can watch me skate though." He corrects his proposal.

I went to sit at the top of the ramp and set my things down opening my camera. "Ok, I'll watch." I say turning my camera to him. "Let's go!" He celebrates before kicking off onto his board.

A Few Hours Later...

Watching Ray was interesting. The way he did tricks amazed you. His style of skateboarding was graceful yet so unique which put you in awe of his talent. Yes, you have seen many skate but Ray had to be one of the few that have astonished you with their style.