11. ʀᴇꜰʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴏɴ

Y/N's POV | Home

I left Ray's car feeling anger and sadness. I quickly ran into my place not caring for the voices greeting me hello or if I'm ok. I just wanted to be left alone in the moment,

Once I get to my place I let out a shaky breath opening the door and walking past Esme paying no regards to the surroundings around me.

"Hey Y/N are you-" I slammed my room door wanting to be left alone to cry and sleep my feelings away.

As I settled into my bed a knock could be heard at the door along with Esme's soft voice. "Hey Y/N, I know you may want to be alone and want your space, and I'll give that. Just know I'm always here for you and I'll be here when you're ready to talk."

I sniffled taking in her words, feeling some sort of happiness knowing I have Esme. She has been there for all of my ups and downs and she's someone I can depend on. Truly my rock.

After shedding many tears to the point I couldn't cry anymore a wave of sleepiness hit me, allowing me to drift off into a nap.

Ray's POV | Back At Home

I walked into the house exhausted from the past events, not even bothering to properly say hi to anyone. I crashed onto my bed letting out a sigh thinking of everything.

"Yo Ray, you good?" Fuckshit knocked before entering the room. He looked over seeing how I was laying.

"Yea bro, you're not good. What happened?" He asked taking a seat on the chair in front of my desk.

I sighed again sitting up getting ready to explain to him what had happen today. "It's about Y/N-" "Wait, I'll be right back." He got up leaving the room.

After about five minutes he came back with a suit on, glasses, a notebook and pen in hand. "What the hell."

"Shh, now go on with what you were going to say." He motioned his hand for me to continue.

"Uh, so I took Y/N out to meet Dom and Jaden. Right? So we're having a good time and everything. Then, Y/N goes off to skate. Nothing big."

"But here's the thing. There's some arguing going on or whatever. Dom taps my shoulder and is like 'ain't that yo girl?' So I turn and I see it's Y/N and you won't believe who else." I pause seeing Fuckshit on the edge of his seat waiting to hear the rest."

"It's Luka." Fuckshit's eyes widen at the plot twist of the story. "Nigga you bring deadass right now?!" He yelled in shock and I nodded my head.

"I go over to them and I'm like you got some nerve showing your face or whatever. The nigga just kept yapping, so I punched him cus he was getting disrespectful."

"AINT NO WAY, YOU FINALLY PUNCHED HIS ASS." Fuckshit spat out falling out of his seat.

"Hell yea, he kept going on. But after all of that I leave the park. Y/N, she's quiet as hell and acting uncomfortable. So i'm like 'You good? What's going on?" Fuckshit nodded his head invested in the story.

"She then goes on and ask what he's talking about. I'm heated already and told her to drop it. She kept pushing so I snapped. She told me to take her home and I asked for her to hear me out, but she went on and I got mad and told her not everything revolves around her." I finished my story letting out a sigh.

"OUU NIGGA !! EVEN I KNOW NOT TO SAY SOME SHIT LIKE THAT. Esme would cut my balls off if I even thought of something like that." Fuckshit said surprised of my actions.

"Alright, on some real shit, lemme spit some advice." He adjusted his glasses and placed his leg on the other.

"What you said in the moment was just out of anger? You don't mean any of it right?" He asked looking up to me and I nodded in response.

"I think you should let it be known what you said wasn't something you meant. Give each other space but also let her know you want to talk the situation out brotha. Figure out how you want to approach this, just, don't let Y/N get away if she makes you happy. Communication and comprehension is the key to making things work." He finished closing the notebook he didn't even write in.

I sat there taking in all of his words processing it. "Thanks man." I got up from the bed giving him a side hug which was rare as hell. "No problem."

"When did your ass get so wise and when did you get glasses?" I asked. "Painting does some shit to a man and I've had these glasses for a while." He walked out of the room leaving me no time to respond.

"That bob ross mf." I mumbled staring at the door. I opened my messages and said what I wanted to say to Y/N, letting it be known how I felt and everything.

Back to Y/N | Author's POV

You had finally gotten up from your depression nap and walked out of the room seeing Esme in the living room all into her show. She paused it as soon as she saw you and walked over.

"What's going on Y/N?" She had wrapped her arms around you giving a bear hug.

It could be known that something was obvious wrong judging by the puffiness in your eyes and tear stains to match your appearance.

"Did something happen with you and Ray?" She broke from the hug looking into your eyes. You nodded your head yes now wanting to cry again.

"What happened? I'll fuck his ass up let me get my keys." She said trying to lighten the mood.

You walked over to the couch putting your legs up and resting your head on top of your knees. Esme followed sitting next to you. "Take your time, I'm here to listen." She rubbed your back gently.

"So me and Ray went out to meet his friends. Everything was going good until I went off to skate. Some guy, I think his name was Luka bumped into me, so I got pissed. Ray came over and then Luka was like, 'long time no see Ray.' and 'it's ok i won't take this one unless.'"

"This left me wondering so I asked Ray what he was talking about, he got pressed and said some shit so I told him to take me home. When we got to the front of the building I got on him for the way he said it, then he hit me with a things don't revolve around you, take a hint. So I got mad and left." You let out a breath finishing the story.

"Oh, y/nnie." She rubbed your back sympathetically, you sniffled trying not to cry.

"I think everything that was said was only out of anger, I'm sure he didn't mean it nor you. Just make sure to talk it out and be patient with him, I'm sure whatever it was he didn't want to talk about is a touchy subject. But, you also need to work on pressing people Y/N." She squeezed you in a hug.

"I get you want to know things but patience is the key, love. Just communicate how you feel and be patient with each other. I know you care for him so don't lose him because of pride." She advised, squeezing you again.

"Thank you." You gave her a small smile and hug. "Of course, I love you so much and want you to continue to be happy." She returned the hug.

Tears finally came down, from Esme's words, she truly was someone you could depend on and you were truly grateful for her. She also helped you come into terms that Ray was someone you wanted to keep in your life.

"I love you so much Esme, I'm glad I have you as a friend." You whispered.

Author's Note
Made sure to let them give good advice to the MCs or else y'all would've gotten a sad ending :)

𝐓𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐲𝐨𝐮... @𝐩𝐢𝐧𝐤𝐬𝟏𝐯𝐭