What Happened?

"STEVE! SODA!" I shouted. They wouldn't let me go. I could feel their grip getting tighter. "SOMEONE! PLEASE! HELP ME!" One of them put their hand over my mouth, and other punched me in my gut. I could feel the pain searing through my body as I tried to cry.

"Y/N! STEVE SHE'S OVER HERE!"

I could hear someone shouting. Was this all in my head? What's happening? The last thing I remember was seeing Soda run up to me. Then, everything went black.

8 years later....

It was like any normal Thursday morning in the Curtis household. Steve and Soda, my two best friends in the entire world, were getting ready to go to the DX. Pony, Two-Bit, and Johnny were sitting on the floor eating cake and watching Mickey. Darry was in his room getting ready for work.

"Guess who's outta the cooler!"

I heard as I walked over to the fridge to grab a slice of cake for myself.

"Hey Dal!" I exclaimed as I turned my head to see him. He's been in the cooler for about 3 months now.

"Hey Cookie, how have you been?" Cookie was what everyone called me. Though my real name was Y/n.

I barely got time to answer though, since by then the rest of the gang was there.

"Hey Dal, how'd you get out early?" Johhnycakes asked.

"Good behavior," Dal said with a slight laugh. We all knew it was most likely because the guards were sick and tired of him.

"Oh shit. Soda we gotta go. Cookie, stay outta trouble ok?" Steve told me.

"Yes, because I'm gonna cause trouble with the boring life I have." I rolled my eyes at him. "One, I'll be at school, two, I have my first shift at Dairy Queen tonight. Remember?" I loved Steve, but I hated how he could be forgetful at times.

"What he meant was that don't get into trouble at school. We know you have it out for some of those soc girls," Soda said smirking at me.

I stared right back at him and stuck my tongue out. I hated socs. We all do. They're the worst.

"Steve let's go." Soda said smiling at me. "Bye Cookie, we love you."

"Yeah yeah, I love you guys too."

Steve, Soda, and Darry all walked out the door heading to work. I went to the kitchen to grab slice of cake before I left for school. I walked into the living room and sat down with the other boys.

"Do you guys wanna sneak into the drive-in tonight?" Dal asked.

"I'll go," Pony and Johnny said.

"I can't I have to work," I said with a small frown on my face. I hated missing out on hanging with the gang, but I really needed the job.

"That's alright Cookie, next time ok?" Dal said.

"Yes, next time." I muttered to myself.

10 minutes later, me, Pony, and Two-Bit started to head for school. We got there and Two went inside while me and Pony stayed back in the courtyard.

A/N:

Hey guys! This is my first ever book! Hope you guys enjoyed it so far, and I'll try to post as much as I can! Have a wonderful day!!!