Why Are You Acting Like That?

Y/n's POV:

I woke up in Soda's bed. I was staying the night since Dad is still home and Steve doesn't want me staying there.

I roll over to see the time. Ugh. It's only 8:32. Way too early for me to be up. I roll back over and see Soda sleeping there peacefully. Aww. He looked so cute. I loved watching him sleep. He slowly fluttered his eyes open.

He looked at me and smiled. "Good morning beautiful. Happy Birthday."

"Good morning gorgeous. I forgot it was my birthday," I say giggling. So much has happened the past few months that I completely forgot.

"Well it doesn't matter. As long as Two doesn't eat all the cake again this year, it'll be a fun day," he said with a slight smirk on his face. He was up to something.

I giggle fondly at the memory. Darry went go get the cake for me and Steve and all the sudden we started to hear screaming from the kitchen. So we all rushed in to find Two shoving the last of the chocolate cake in his mouth. 

"Let's head downstairs, I wanna see if Steve is here yet."

We head to the kitchen where Pony, Two, and Johnny are watching Mickey.

"Oooo, Mickey," I say sitting down on the couch. 

"Y/N!!" Two screamed as he jumped on top of me. "HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!"

I shoved him off of me as I giggled. "Thanks Two. Have you eaten the cake yet?" I asked teasingly.

He stared at me with hatred in his eyes. "Fuck you," he said.

"No thanks, that's what Soda's for," I said with a smirk on my face.

All the boys faces turned bright red as Two started laughing. 

"BABE!" Soda said.

"What?" I asked with innocence laced in my voice.

Soda stared at me then started to smirk a little. Something was going on with him today.

"Anyways, where's Steve? It's almost 9 I thought he'd be here by now," I say with a slight frown on my face. Steve never misses our birthday. 

"Don't worry Cookie, he came by earlier and said that he needed to grab some stuff for later," Johnny said.

"Okay," I say as I grab some chocolate milk from the fridge.

"I'M HOME," I hear Steve shout. I walk through the door and shoot him a deadly glare.

"You better be fucking happy I was already awake or else I would've killed you," I say, taking a sip of the chocolate milk.

"And a happy birthday to you little sister," he said with a cheeky grin on his face.

"Little sister my ass," I mumbled to myself.

"What was that?"

"Nothing, fuck off," I say going back into the kitchen.

I look at the dirty dishes in the sink and knew Darry wouldn't be happy if he got home and had to do dishes so I turned the water on and started doing them myself.

"What do you think you're doing?" Soda asked as he snaked his arms around my waist.

"Dishes silly," I say with a smile in my voice.

"Not on your birthday you're not," he said grabbing the sponge and dish from my hand.

"Okay," I say shrugging. "Fine by me. I'ma go watch Mickey with everyone else."

"Wait, no, babe. Get your ass back in here. I wanna stare at the prettiest thing in the world as I do the dishes," Soda said with a puppy-like look in his eyes.

I smiled and blushed at his puppy-like nature. Never lose that Soda, please. "Okay, puppy," I say with a cheeky grin on my face.

"I'm not a puppy," he said in protest.

"Alright, whatever you say puppy," I say as I kissed his cheek.

After I sat there and watched Soda do the dishes, we both headed back into the living room to figure out what we're doing for the day.

"Well we're gonna throw a party for you two at the lot. Then y/n, I think Soda wants to take you somewhere," Two said with a wink.

I turned to Soda. "Really? Where?"

He simply flashed me one of his famous smiles and said, "Don't worry about it. You'll find out when we get there."

"Who wants to head to this lot to start the party?" Two asked eagerly.

"Two you're always looking for a party," Pony said while rolling his eyes.

"Because parties are fun," he said running out the door and into Steve's truck.

We all followed Two out into Steve's truck. There wasn't enough room so I had to sit on Soda's lap. I ain't complaining though. We drove to the lot, which only took a minute or so. Normally we would walk but we had some stuff they we didn't want to carry.

As we pull into the lot, a shiver runs down my spine. I think back to that night. That horrible, awful, night. I still get nightmares about it every now and then.

We get out of the car, and Darry and Dal are there waiting for us with the cake.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY Y/N AND STEVE!!" Darry yelled from across the lot. Dal ran up to me and gave me the biggest bear hug.

"Happy Birthday Cookie," he said kissing the top of my head.

"Thanks Dal."

"Hey asshole where's my happy birthday?" Steve asked, yanking Dal's collar.

"Hey dipshit, last night you said your birthday didn't matter," Dal said, popping his collar back into place.

"Yeah I know, I'm just messing with ya."

"Asshole," Dal muttered under his breath. I giggled at the pair, then turned to Soda to see if he'd tell me where we're going later.

"So, about this place..."

"Stop while you're ahead. I ain't telling ya. It's a surprise."

"Ugh fine. At least give me a clue," I pleaded with him.

"Hmmmmm, no thanks."

"Bitch."

"What did you just call me?" He asked putting his hands on his hips.

"Sorry Dad," I say rolling my eyes.

"Yeah that's what I thought you said," he said, smiling.

After all the guys set up, (even though it was only a table with some decorations that we managed to scrape together) we listened to music, everyone but me, Soda, and Pony drank some beer, and we smoked for a bit and hung out. This was always my favorite time with the gang. Everyone together, just having a good time. This is the perfect us. I never want this moment to end.

A/N:

Hey guys!!! I'm backkkkk. Did you miss me? Well, there will be a part two to this chapter so stay tuned. No promises on when it'll be out tho, so keep an ear out for it! Have a wonderful day!!!