Can I Stay Here?

Steve's POV:

After Y/n left, I'm not quite sure why I did, but I just broke down crying. Maybe it's because she's growing up. Maybe it's because I never told her what happened.

After about 10 minutes I pulled myself together. I sat down, ate cake, and watched Mickey. Just as I was going to go to bed, I heard a knock on the door. I went over and opened it.

"Hey, Steve. Long time, no see?"

Y/n's POV:

Me and Soda walked in the Curtis house and it was like any other night. Pony and Johnny were on the couch watching Mickey, while Darry was sitting in his chair reading the newspaper.

"Hey Darry, is it okay if Cookie spends the night? Her and Steve got into a fight," Soda says. I look down, slightly embarrassed about the fight part.

Darry looks up from his newspaper with a concerned look. "Yeah, of course you can spend the night Cookie. You just has to sleep on the couch with Johnny."

"That's no problem," I say giving a soft smile.

"Hey Pony and Johnny, could you guys go get blankets for Cookie?" Darry asked. Pony looked a little annoyed but got up and walked out of the room while Johnny followed.

Once they were gone, Darry looked at us. "What happened, Cookie? You and Steve never fight."

I looked down with so much shame. It's true. We never fought. We were always like our own little team. Me and him against the world, protecting each other no matter what.

"Steve never told me what happened when I woke up from that coma. I had to find out tonight by Soda and some socs."

"Socs?! Soda! What happened?!" Darry asked with so much worry in his eyes.

"Me and Cookie were at where we had set up the picnic earlier. Some socs came by and talked to us. Dal kicked their asses though."

"Okay. Just be careful." Darry said as Pony and Johnny walked back in.

"Thanks Pony," I said while smiling and taking the blanket from him. "I'm going to go take a shower."

"Okay Cookie." They all said in unison.

Pony's POV:

(Just bc why not)

Me and Johnny left to go get blankets. Stupid Darry making me go do everything. Why can't Y/n get her own damn blankets.

"You know it's because her and Steve got into a fight right?" Johnny asked.

"Oh shit did I say that out loud?"

"Yeah," Johnny said and chuckled. "What do you think it was about?" He asked, his voice a whisper.

"The fight? Probably about something stupid. I don't really know." Why does it matter?

"Because it's Cookie and she looked hurt."

"Shit I said that out loud too, didn't I?"

"Yup."

We grabbed the blankets and headed back to the living room.

"Socs?! Soda! What happened?!" I could hear Darry yell at them. I stopped Johnny from going in because I knew they didn't want us to hear. That's why Darry made me go get the blankets.

"Me and Cookie were at where we had set up the picnic earlier. Some socs came by and talked to us. Dal kicked thier asses though." I could hear Soda say. Typical Dal.

"Okay. Just be careful." I could hear Darry sigh as we walked into the room.

I gave Y/n her blankets and she went to go get a shower.

"Why'd they fight?" Johnny asked in a worried tone. He hated fighting and Y/n was always like an older sister to him.

Darry and Soda kinda looked at each other and Soda gave Darry the Don't Say Anything look. "They just didn't agree on something that's all Johnny."

After 15 minutes, Y/n came back in, in one of Soda's tee shirts.

"Hey doll, that's mine. Give it back."

"Hmmmmm.... Nope. I like it. It smells like you," Y/n said while giggling.

Soda started to chase her around the house while laughing and we all just cracked up at the sight. It was clear that they loved each other.

After a while, they plopped down on the couch and were out of breath.

"I'm going to go to bed," I say heading to my room.

"Night Pony!"

"Goodnight Pony!"

"Love you Pony!"

"Be there in a sec!"

I got to my room and flopped down onto my bed. Soon, my eyes were shut and I fell asleep.

Y/n's POV:

After Pony left for bed, Darry did too. That just left me, Soda, and Johnny.

"Alright, need anything Cookie and Johnny?" Soda asked getting up.

"No, I'm good."

"Same here."

"Alrighty then. Goodnight love," Soda said kissing my head. "Night Johnny."

"Night Soda."

"Goodnight Soda!"

I grabbed a pillow and laid down on the couch, wrapping myself in the blankets.

"Cookie, do you love Soda?" Johnny asked.

"Yeah, yeah I guess so. He's my best friend, and I honestly can't believe I'm actually dating him now." I smiled softly to myself remembering our date tonight. True, it didn't end on good terms. But it was our first true date. And I wouldn't change a thing about it. I fell asleep smiling to myself. Life was good right now.

"Y/n, I'm back." His taunting voice ringing inside my head.

"No, no you're not. You left. You cheated and left." I screamed.

"I know, sweetie, but I'm back. I want to be back in your life again."

"No! No! No!"

I woke up in a cold sweat.

A/n:

Hey guys! I know the chapters have been shorter recently. I've been trying to make them longer but I'm really not sure what to write. If you have any ideas let me know! Hope y'all are doing well! Have a wonderful day!!!