How Dare You?

Steve's POV:

I ran out of the DX and didn't stop until I was home. That bitch. He's going to pay for what he did. I swing open the door to see my dad and another woman on the couch.

"What the fuck?!" I screamed at him, startling the woman. "Who the fuck is she?!"

"Steve, calm down. She's just a work friend," he says eyeing me.

I turn to the woman and stare at her. "Fuck off. Now." She jumped off the couch and ran past me out the door. I turned back to my dad. "How could you fucking hit her?!"

"I didn't mean too!" He yelled at me.

"You know, punching me is one thing. You never loved me and I'm okay with that. But hurting her is a completely different story. She loved you. She looked up to you. How could you?!"

"Hey now, I'm not saying that she didn't deserve it! She was the one screaming at me!"

"YOU LEFT US! YOU GOT ANOTHER WOMAN PREGNANT, COME BACK, AND EXCEPT HER NOT TO YELL AT YOU?!"

"I told her I was sorry!" he screamed pushing me.

"Sorry doesn't fucking cut it. Now, get the hell out of my house. Now," I say opening the door and staring at him.

"It's my house, I can stay here all I want."

"Oh really?" I ask slamming the door the shut. I walk into my room, and grab Mom's will. I walk back into the living room and shove the paper in his face. "Right here says the house belongs me and Y/n. It's paid off, so you wouldn't even be paying a dime. Now get out."

He walks out of the house staring at me, gets into his car and drives off. I know it won't be the last time I see him though.

Soda's POV:

I sat there with Y/n in my arms. I could feel tears falling from my eyes. What happened to her? I slowly set her down and got ice for her cheek. I sat back on the ground and held her close with the ice pack on her cheek.

"S-Soda?" I could hear her muffled voice in my shirt.

"Cookie! Oh, what happened Cookie?"

"H-He hit m-me," she said tears streaming down her face.

"Shh, it's okay Cookie. You're here with me now. I'm not going to let anyone hurt you. Ever," I say pulling her close to me and kissing her head. We sat like that for a bit until Steve walked in.

Y/n's POV:

"Cookie, I'm sorry. I'm so, so sorry. I'm sorry for everything. I should've been a better brother," Steve said, collapsing on the floor with tears in his eyes.

"Steve," I say with a sad smile on my face. "You're the best brother I could ever ask for. You're doing everything to protect me." I crawled into his arms and he held me close. We sat there for a while, crying together.

"I'm so thankful for you. I'll always be there for you. I'll never let another soul hurt you again. I promise," Steve said sticking out his pinkie. To some, it seemed childish. The pinkie promises we made. To us though, it meant that we truly meant what we said and not even the universe itself could break that promise.

"And I'll always be there for you," I say linking my pinkie to his.

He gets up and helps me up. I wipe my tears away and walk over to the counter. "Is he gone?" I ask.

"I'm not sure. I want you to stay with the Curtis' until I know for sure," Steve says.

"What about you? What if he hurts you?" I ask, fear laced in my voice.

"I'll be fine Cookie, I promise. Besides, he still thinks the house is his even after I showed him the will."

I let out a slight laugh. That house had been ours for nearly a year now. Mom left it in her will.

"I should probably go help Soda now, come and get me if anything is wrong."

"Of course Steve," I say sitting back in my chair and pulling out a cigarette.

I sat there for a bit, smoking and looking at a magazine, when I hear the bell rings. I set down the magazine and look up to see a red haired girl standing there.

"Uh, can I help you?" I ask taking the cigarette out of my mouth. She scrunched her nose up at the smell.

"Yeah, I came here to see if I could get air in my tires. I was kinda hoping that cute blue eyed could do it? Could you help a girl out?" She asked slightly blushing. Bitch.

"Well, you can definitely get air in your tires. But unfortunately, the blue eyed boy is busy at the time. He'll ring you up though," I say giving a slight smile.

"Thanks," she says and slightly rolls her eyes in disgust.

I get off the chair I was sitting in, and held out my hand for her keys. She gives me the keys and I walk out to her car. I pull it around back, knowing the girl was clueless. I was totally going to rob her of her money. Well- Daddy's money really.

I put more air in her tires, gave her some new oil, and I switched all her tires around. Didn't give her new ones, just switched them around. I pulled the car out front and saw she was talking to Soda. This'll be good. I trust Soda completely, it's other girls I don't trust.

I walk in, and she must've not heard the bell.

"I have a girlfriend," Soda says uncomfortably.

She takes a step closer. "I don't see her," she says wrapping her hands around his neck.

"Turn around," I hissed at her. "Now you see her," I say giving her a smile.

She scoffed. "How much for the air?" She asks as I walked back to the register.

"Well, the air was 30 bucks, but I needed to change your oil so that's another 15. Plus I needed to change your tires, so that's another 40 bucks. Your total is 85 dollars," I say with a grin. I look over at Soda, and he's suppressing a laugh.

"Okay fine, whatever," she says and hands me a hundred. I give her 15 dollars back and her keys.

"Byeeee," I say as she walks out. When the door closes, Soda dies laughing.

"You should've said flirting with your boyfriend was another 20," he says on the floor in between laughs.

I started laughing at his comment. "She only needed the air too," I giggled. He started laughing harder until he cried.

"Hey, let's close up and get going," Steve says walking into the store. Me and Soda both struggle to stand up from laughing so much. We close up and start to walk towards the Curtis' house. Man, has it been a day.

A/N:

Hey guys! It's been a couple days, I know. I'll update the Darry book later this week so look out for that. Thank you to everyone who reads and votes, it truly means the world. Have a wonderful day!!!