Why?

Soda's POV:

I ran all the way to Y/n's house. How could he?  I wanted to beat the ever living shit out of him, but first I needed to talk to Y/n. After I read the letter, everything started to make sense now. She ran that night because she thought I was in love with someone else. She shoved me aside last night because my face reminded her of how much she loves me. Kinda sweet.

I threw the door open and frantically searched the house for her. The house wasn't big, so I found her soon enough. She was sitting on the bathroom floor with her back turned to me. My heart broke when I saw the razor in her hand. Please, Y/n, don't do it.

"I love you, Sodapop Curtis," she said and moved the razor down to her skin. 

"I love you too, Y/n Randle."

She turned around with a hurt expression on her face. I sat down beside her, and took the razor from her.

"Y/n, what were you thinking? Do you know how devastated we'd all be?" I said that a bit angrier than I had meant it and instantly felt a wave of regret wash over me.

She looked up at me and started to cry. "I'm sorry," she whispered.

Now, it was my turn to hold her in my arms. I cradled her in arms for a while when Steve burst in.

"Cookie, Cookie, oh Cookie," he said as he sat down. I let go of Y/n, and she crawled into Steve's arms.

"Why didn't you tell he was hurting you?" Steve asked with such a sorrowful face, I could tell he blamed himself.

"I didn't want you to hurt him," she sniffled.

"But Cookie, he was hurting you. He abused you," he let out a couple sobs.

"I'm sorry Steve, really, I am. I didn't know what to do. I was scared. I didn't want him to hurt you in return. I'm sorry."

We all sat there crying for a bit. "Soda," Y/n said looking up at me.

"Yes?"

"I'm sorry I ran. I'm sorry I shoved you away. You're my best friend. I'm supposed to support you. Not leave you when you like someone who isn't me." She was bawling and this time Steve let her go so I could hold her.

"But Cookie, it is you who I love. It's your smile that makes me better, it's you who I think is drop dead gorgeous, and it's you who makes me feel safe. I love you."

"I love you too," she said and slowly smiled at me.

"Now there's that pretty smile I fell in love with," I said while grinning at her.

We all stood up, and looked at ourselves. We were a mess. Reminds me of when me and Y/n got drunk that night Sandy and b/f/n broke up with us.

Steve's POV:

We stood and I looked at my twin sister. To know the pain she was in, hurt me like hell. How could someone ever treat a girl like her like that. I know she doesn't want me too, but I'm gonna jump b/f/n. I just hope she won't find out...

Y/n's POV:

Seeing us a mess like this took me back to when me and Soda got drunk that night b/f/n and Sandy broke up with us. We cleaned up, and went to the Curtis house. When we got there, Two, Dal, Johnny, and Pony were there. Darry had to work.

"Hey- wow you guys look rough," Dal said looking over from his spot on the couch.

"We didn't have a good morning," I said and walked into the kitchen.

"Hey Cookie, can we talk a quick sec?" Soda asked. Oh gosh Soda, please don't break my heart even more.

He lead me outside to the porch. He looked nervous. "Ya good Soda?" I asked with a hint of sarcasm in my voice.

"Cookie, would you like to go out to the drive-in with me tomorrow night? I knew we were just there last week. But last time it was as friends and this time-"

"I would love to go to the drive-in with you, as a date," I said with a wink. A smile formed on his face and he grabbed my hand, leading me inside.

When we walked in, everyone cheered for us. Damn those paper thin walls.

Steve's POV:

When Soda lead her out, I looked at Dal and Two. I motioned for them to follow me.

"Where are you guys going?" Johnny asked.

"Just the kitchen, I need to talk to them."

"Okay man, what's this about? I wanna hear what Soda has to say to Cookie," Dal said lighting a cancer stick.

"Look, b/f/n abused and hit Y/n. I'm gonna jump him." I saw the look of shock cross their face. Then rage, "don't tell anyone else. You can come if you want. I'm doing it late, tomorrow night."

"Anything for Cookie, man," Dal said putting the cancer stick back in his mouth.

"Same here, she's like a sister to me."

We walked back into the living room. "What did he say?" Dal asked eagerly.

"Soda asked her out," Pony said real quick before they walked in. We clapped and cheered for them and they both turned a shade of pink.

A/N:

I know this was a bit of a shorter chapter, but oh well. At least this one ended on a happy note. But hate to burst your bubble. The happiness won't last for long. It'll get a lot happier after that tho I promise. Have a wonderful day!!!