True Love?

Steve's POV:

We walk into the Curtis house and see Two, Johnny, Dal, and Pony all watching Mickey.

"We're home," Y/n exclaimed cheerfully.

"Hey Cookie," Dal said looking up at her and smiling.

"Wow Dal, you're here today. Not in some cooler," she says sarcastically.

"Yeah, yeah," he says rolling his eyes and turning back around to the TV.

Y/n and Soda walk over to where the guys were sitting and sit down with them, while I walk into the kitchen and see Darry.

"Hey Superdope, I need you to do something for me," I say grabbing a beer out of the fridge. No cake. Dammit Two.

"What?"

"Can Cookie stay here for a bit? Dad's back and he hit her. She don't need to get hurt more than she already is."

"Yeah of course. I could probably get Pony to sleep on the couch," Darry says grabbing a pepper to cut up for dinner.

"Thanks Superdope," I exclaim. I walk in to see Y/n and Soda weren't there. "Hey guys, where's Cookie and Soda?"

"Oh, Cookie dragged him outside or something, I don't know," Pony said.

I rolled my eyes. I always found Pony kinda annoying. Cookie loved him like a little brother, and when it boiled down to it, I did too. But I still found him annoying. 

"Thanks," I mumble walking outside.

I was raining now. I could feel the warm raindrops drip through the old, rusted roof. I saw Cookie and Soda out in the street. That's why she dragged him out here.

2 years ago...

"You know what type of love I'd love to have?" Cookie asked as we laid on top of the roof. Mom and Dad were arguing again and she never liked it so I always took her up here when they did.

"What?"

"I'd love to have the dancing in the rain type of love. Someone who'd hold me at my lowest moments, and then dance with me during my highest. Pure, unconditional, love. That's what I want."

"That sounds nice," I say, slightly smiling at the thought. I knew Soda liked her. Shit, he probably loved her. I knew she liked him. She probably loved him too. I also knew that both of them were too scared to tell each other because they never wanted to ruin their friendship.

Present Day...

She always wanted that love; now she has it. I hope nothing happens to them. I wish all good things, for the both of them. My best friend and my sister. They were perfect for each other. I smile now, looking at them. 

I walk back inside, wanting to leave them alone. Even though they probably never saw me.

"Hey guys, what do we want to do for Cookie's birthday tomorrow?" I announce as I walk back in.

"It's your birthday to ya know?" Two asks, shoving cake into his mouth. I grab the plate that was sitting on his lap and shove that last piece into my mouth.

"HEY!" He shouts getting up.

"That's for eating all the damn cake," I say setting the plate down. "Now, what are we going to do for her birthday? And before you say anything, I realize it's my birthday too. She's just more important."

"Well, we were all thinking about having a small party with the gang. I think Soda wanted to take her somewhere," Darry says from the kitchen.

"Alright, that works. Two just can't eat all the cake this year," I said shooting daggers at him.

"In my defense I was hungry," he shrugs.

I hear the door open behind me, and turn around to see a wet Soda, and a giggling and wet Cookie. I grinned at the two of them.

"What were you two lovebirds up to?" Dal says with a smirk on his face.

"We were dancing," Cookie says, still giggling.

"Awww," Johnny and Pony cooed.

"Alright, come on guys. It's dinner time," Darry exclaimed setting eight plates down on the table. We all ran over and grabbed a plate to get in line. Tonight was chicken and vegetables. Simple, but still good.

We all sat down, ate a good dinner, and talked for a couple hours. This was where my home was. I always knew, no matter where me and Cookie would end up, we would always have the gang to call home.

A/N:

Hey guys! I'm sorry I haven't posted in a while. Hell is taking a toll on my schedule. I hope y'all didn't miss me too much. I've decided to take a pause on the Darry book to finish this one first, so sorry y'all. Have a wonderful day!!!