Why Didn't You Tell Me?

Y/n's POV:

As I sat while Soda was telling me what happened, anger started to boil inside me. How could Steve not tell me?! I deserve to know! I got up, determined to confront Steve. He needs to tell me the truth. The full truth. I started to run down the hill to our house. He was going to tell me. No matter what.

Steve's POV:

After we got back from kicking the shit outta b/f/n, me and Two headed back to my house while Dal started to walk back to Buck's. When we got home, we watched Mickey and ate cake until we heard the door burst open.

"Oh shit," I said under my breath. Y/n ran into the room and she was crying. Anger was in her eyes. She looked liked she could and would murder someone.

Two took one look at her, got up said goodbye and sprinted out of the room. While Soda followed Y/n in.

"HOW COULD YOU?!" she screamed.

"Look Cookie, I only beat him up because he hurt you. I didn't even think you'd be that mad," I said still staring at her.

"What are you talking about?!"

"You found b/f/n at the park and he was knocked cold?" I asked unsure of where this conversation was heading. Did she find out? No, she couldn't of. Everyone promised.

"WHAT?! Okay look, I don't care if b/f/n is knocked out cold because WE have a bigger problem. HOW DARE YOU NOT TELL ME I WAS RAPED?!"

Oh fuck.

"Look Cookie, I was trying to protect you. I didn't want you growing up scared of everything. I thought that maybe if I did that, you'd be a lot braver." I was standing up facing eye to eye with her. The look of hurt and pain in her eyes broke me. I was never the strong one. Physical? Hell yes. Mentally and emotionally? That had always been her. And I always admired her for that.

"Trying to protect me?! Are you kidding me?! Are you fucking kidding me?! Someone RAPED me, I was in a coma for 3 months, and you didn't think that maybe you should tell me?!"

"Yeah and you know what?! I sat at your bedside, barely sleeping and eating for 3 months! I knew that it was my fault that you got raped! I never forgave myself for it! I sit in my room at night, wishing you had a better brother! One who came in time to save you. One who you loved." At this point I was crying. I don't cry.

"Steve.." she looked at me with so much pain in her eyes. It hurt. It really hurt. "I do love you. You're my brother, and one of my very best friends. I will never stop loving you for that very reason."

I looked at her. She gave me a soft smile, but it didn't last long. "I'm still mad at you though. What happened that night?"

So, I did something I never thought I would have to do. I told my twin sister, how she got raped when she was only 9 years old. I told her about how I should've been walking with her, but wanted to see this girl so I left her behind. I told her about how we heard her screams when I got to the Curtis house. How I sprinted out the door praying on a miracle that she was fine. I told her about her when we were in the car to the hospital, I couldn't stop crying, afraid of losing her. I told her how I'd fight with the doctors and nurses every time they told me to leave. I told how happy I was when she finally woke up. I told her about the nightmares I have every night and how I'd go into her room just to make she's there.

"Cookie, you're the only family I have. Mom's dead, and dad's never around. I love you, so much. Everything I do is to protect you because I would never forgive myself is something ever happened to you," I said to her pulling her into a hug.

"Steve, I love you too. You're my only family too. But, I think I'm going to stay at the Curtis' for a bit. I just need to clear my head," she said as tears fell down her cheeks.

"Okay, I love you, and I'll always be here for you," I said as she got up and headed to her room.

Y/n's POV:

I was hurt that Steve never told me. What he told me hurt even more though. I just need to clear my head. Find myself. I went to my room, grabbing a small suitcase out of my closet. I heard a knock on my door and looked up.

"Hey," I said smiling at the boy.

"Hey, how are you doing?"

"It depends, how much did you hear?"

"All of it," he said with a shrug walking over to my bed and sitting down.

"So, is it okay if I stay with you guys for a bit?"

"Of course. We always have our doors open."

I packed the rest of my stuff and headed to the door. Steve gave me a sad smile, and I returned one. I hope he does okay on his own. Soda lead me outside and we started to walk back to his house.

"You never answered my question," he said grabbing my hand.

"Oh?"

"How are you doing?"

"A lot is going on right now, I just need to clear my head. But, I think for the first time in a long time, I'm going to be okay," I say as we walk up to the door.

"Good," Soda says as he kisses my forehead.

A/n:

Hey guys! Soooo, what do y'all think about the book? I would love your input! I might release a new chapter tomorrow, but there is a chance I won't. It all depends. Hope y'all are doing well! Have a wonderful day!!!