Chapter 14: Gaz

Gaz's POV:

I could barely breathe, my trachea seemed damaged from the bomb.
My entire body ached, and blood obscured my vision.
I didn't know where YN was.
I heard the helicopter landing and three men stepping out.

The one in the middle laughed, his hands held behind his back. His face seemed familiar.
I muttered, "Makarov..."
and coughed up more blood.

My cap lay beside me, the British flag staring back at me, and somehow, I knew this was the end for me.

Makarov approached, his devilish grin directed at me. I searched for my weapon, but before I could do anything, Makarov placed his foot on my chest, applying pressure.

I let out a scream of pain, "Arrghh!" and coughed up even more blood.

Makarov taunted, "You're Price's favorite, aren't you? Price made a big mistake starting this war with me. Now, he forces me to make an example out of you."

He drew his weapon and aimed it at my head. With a sad smile, I whispered, "Now, it's finally time."

And then he pulled the trigger, the bullet piercing through my skull.
My head hit the ground, my lifeless eyes staring towards my cap.

Makarov grinned and said, "Let's get out of here."

The two nodded and boarded the helicopter once again. Gaz, alone and lifeless on the broken bridge, beside a burning car. And YN, injured beneath the bridge, still unconscious.

After 6h
♧♧♧

Six hours had passed without any response. Ghost was growing increasingly concerned, his restlessness evident as he tapped his foot and said to Soap,
"Still no word from them?"
Soap shook his head in response.
Ghost exclaimed,
"Damn it, how can it be that we haven't heard anything in six hours?!"

Soap suggested, "I could try to locate them."

Ghost replied, determined, "Do it."

Price entered the barn and asked, "What's going on?"

Ghost explained, "It's been six hours with no communication."

Price found it odd and remarked, "Six hours to drive into the city? That doesn't add up. Something went wrong."

Ghost turned to Soap and asked, "And how long will it take?"

Soap assured him, "Almost done, old man."

Ten minutes later, Soap exclaimed, "I've got it!"

Ghost inquired, "And where are they?!"
Soap glanced at the map and then back at Ghost, unsure of how to respond, "They're on the bridge..."

Ghost declared, "I'm heading there now."

Price grabbed Ghost's arm, cautioning him, "Don't rush into anything!"

Ghost freed himself from Price's grip and stormed out of the barn, heading towards the car.

Soap followed him, and they both got into the car. It was approximately half an hour away.