Chapter 24: I am sorry Soap

As we made our way to the building, I saw Price emerging, injured and distressed. I shouted, "Price!"

He yelled back, "Rudolfo didn't make it!"

I bit my lip, mourning yet another loss. Price rushed to me and assisted me with Soap, saying with concern, "Soap, you can make it through this."

Soap weakly replied, "Yeah..."

We hurried inside the building and took cover again. I laid Soap on a table and handed Price the necessary supplies to treat him. I heard approaching footsteps within the building. I called out to Price, "Take care of Soap. I'll handle them here!"

Price nodded and continued treating Soap, his expression filled with shock as he saw a piece of metal lodged in the lower part of Soap's abdomen, likely a result of the explosion.

I rushed outside and commanded the other men to defend the room with their lives. Lying on the ground, I retrieved my RPD and waited for the enemies to ascend. A whole group approached, and I unleashed a barrage of fire, each shot finding its mark in their heads. I muttered, "Damn it, running out of ammo."

I tried to reload as quickly as possible, but it was too late. Three more men appeared, and I discarded the weapon, lunging at them. One blocked my attack, and another grabbed me. I kicked him away and drew a knife, plunging it into his throat. He fell lifeless, leaving two adversaries remaining. One grabbed my neck and pinned me against the wall, tightening his grip as he spat, "Bitch!"

I struck him with a forceful punch to his chin and followed up with a well-aimed hit to a vulnerable spot in his chest. He staggered back to catch his breath. Seizing the opportunity, I used my thighs to choke him, snapping his neck, and he crumpled to the ground. But I had forgotten about the third one.

"F*ck!" I screamed as he lunged at me with a knife, stabbing me in the abdomen. The pain was overwhelming, but I managed to gather my thoughts, retrieving a knife from my hip and driving it into his heart.

I struggled to stand, hobbling a few steps forward and then back again. My wound was still bleeding profusely from the explosion and now the stab wound. With trembling hands, I managed to thread a needle and took a deep breath before lifting my vest to start sewing the wound. It was excruciatingly painful, and I gritted my teeth to bear it. As I finished the rough stitching, I leaned against the wall for support and made my way back to the room.

Price looked shocked as he saw me covered in blood. He called out, "Yn!"

I weakly replied, "I'm fine. What about Soap?"

Price glanced at Soap and then back at me, shaking his head.

I rushed to Soap's side and shook him out of fear for his life, "Soap! Soap! You can make it! Hold on!"

Tears streamed down my face as I desperately tried to wake him up. Soap looked at me with faint eyes and said, "Yn, I couldn't fulfill Ghost's wish..."

I sobbed, "Soap, no, please don't leave me!... SOAP!!"

More tears flowed uncontrollably. Price was crying too, but he held himself up against a table.

A soldier rushed over to us, saying, "We need to get out of here!"

Price pushed him away, not caring about the urgency.