Chapter 20: Laswell

Keegan took out his pistol and said casually, "Ever heard of Russian Roulette?" I remained silent because I didn't care.

Keegan continued, "Seems like you want to play the mute today." He aimed the gun at me and pulled the trigger. There was no bullet in the chamber. I didn't flinch; I just kept staring at him with those lifeless eyes left in me.

Keegan went on, "First round survived." He aimed again and pulled the trigger, "Second round survived." He aimed again, but this time, with the certainty that a bullet would hit me, he aimed at my arm and pulled the trigger.

It hit me. I flinched slightly and bit my lip to suppress a scream. I glared at him with anger in my eyes.

He looked back at me, his head slightly tilted to the side. He seemed intrigued by my lack of reaction.
Keegan pressed against my injured arm, causing excruciating pain and making more blood flow out. I lowered my head, unable to bear the sight of his ugly mask.

With an even colder tone than before, Keegan asked, "Are you a traitor?" My hands clenched into fists, and I screamed, "NO, DAMMIT!"

Keegan seemed unbothered by my outburst. He leaned in closer, his face inches away from mine, and said menacingly, "You better start talking, or the next round won't be a blank."

I simply said " Fuck you"

Keegan simply looked at me.

As someone familiar opened the door. The face was recognizable.
I said in a cheerful tone, "Laswell!"

She nodded at me with a smile and turned to Keegan, saying, "Sergeant, their innocence has been proven with the file. The detention is now lifted, and their names cleared."

I let out a deep breath of relief.
Keegan only nodded and unlocked my handcuffs. By now, my arm was covered in blood, and I couldn't move it properly.
Keegan walked out of the room and said to me, "Come to the doctor here."

I dryly replied, "I can manage on my own."

Keegan, with a more serious tone, insisted, "Immediately."

Laswell chimed in, "Yn, you should be treated. Your arm doesn't look good."

Yn, in a sarcastic tone, replied, "I wonder why."
I made my way towards the doctor's office. I knew where it was, and Keegan followed closely behind.

Yn coldly remarked, "Do you want to be my babysitter now?"

Keegan replied, "Just keep moving."

We arrived at the doctor's office. Keegan leaned against the wall, observing me. The doctor removed the bullet from my arm, and it was excruciating to feel the probing of the tweezers in my flesh. He cleaned the wound before stitching it up and applying a bandage.

I nodded and stood up.

We headed back to the interrogation room, and I saw Price: "Price!"

Price turned to me, surprised by the wound. "What happened?"
The question didn't need to be answered, as he noticed the person responsible standing behind me, and his expression turned angry. And one thing you never want in life is to face Price's anger.