. 9 ><

FEBRUARY 13TH, MONDAY.

stan sat outside, again,

in his usual spot;

behind the school. with his headphones, on his phone, scrolling through pinterest.

also listening his spotify playlist.

he had his hood on and his mind was somewhere else. not really thinking about anything or anyone.

a cold breeze brushed against stans face. he sighed a went back to going through pinterest.

couple minutes passed by as he kept adding random things to each board he had.

stan rubbed his eyes and turned off his phone, though his music was still playing.

he started to stare off into the distance.

stan swore he heard something in this distance, like a 'click' noise- but he ignored it.

till something shook his shoulder, making his heart stop and making him flinch.

he averted his eyes, staring at the figure above him.

it was kyle.

it's always kyle.

stans expression changed quickly while he stared at kyle for a few seconds.

kyle stood up straight and his eyes were looking at the ground.

he looked like he was thinking about something.

stan noticed that kyle was about to walk off, he looked at the ground aswell,

"what do you want kyle." stan asked, the tone of his voice showed he was in no mood to talk.

stan waited a few moments before kyle started to speak.

"uhm- well.. I," kyle stuttered, badly. stan could hear him sigh.

he heard the sound of movement, he turned his head to see kyle sitting next to him. though the redhead wasn't looking at stan.

he looked at stan and parted his mouth for a few seconds.

kyle started to talk again.

"hey stan. I just.. had a question." kyle told stan.

stan raised his eyebrow, wondering if kyle would ask the same question he asks all
the time; 'why are you so mad?'

but stan still responded with a simple answer. "what is it?"

the redhead looked away and stan was starting to get irritated.

it was annoying, the way kyle kept pausing and looking away.

kyle sighed, again.

"do you wanna hang out after school today? or tomorrow? if that's okay?"

stan looked at the boy next to him, his eyebrows were raised a bit.

'is he being for real?'

he looked away again, his face still angry.

"for real?" stan asked, wanting to make sure. "like.. seriously? no tolkien? or anyone?"

obviously stan was excited. he couldn't lie, he really wanted to smile. but he had to play it cool.

"okay, yeah sure." stan replied dryly.

"okay." kyle said before standing up and walking away.

as soon as stan saw kyle walked into the school he started to smile really hard.

he didn't know why he was so happy, he was literally just mad at kyle.

stan turned on a different playlist and it was more happier than the other one.

stan thought that this'll finally be a chance to rekindle their 'super best friendship'. even increase it!

stan started to think about how him and kyle could go out and buy some snacks, maybe some slushies. even though it's cold

stan closed his eyes and waiting for the bell to ring.