. 12 ><

FEBRUARY 13TH, MONDAY.

a few rounds had ended, kyle was beginning to get tired. his arms felt weak and his fingers were numb.

he looked over at stan, stan had taken off his hoodie. his white T - shirt displayed on his torso.

stan had a smile on his face, a toothy one. he was smiling so hard, was it that fun for him?

kyle gave a small smile looking back at the arcade machine.

he dropped the guitar he was holding. "I think i'm done with this." kyle annouced, looking at stan again.

stan nodded. "me too, I'm starting to sweat." he took off the guitar and placed it next to the machine.

kyle took his off as well, placing it on the opposite side. he used his sleeve to wipe off his forehead sweat, immediately grimacing because he found it disgusting.

kyle felt nostalgia seep in him. he felt sadness in his heart.

kyle didn't know why so he shook his head, and rubbed his eyes.

"what now?" kyle questioned asking the boy in front of him, stan shrugged. "I dunno." he answered.

kyle looked around and saw nothing interesting. he ran his tounge over his braces, feeling the metal. soon afterwards clicking his tounge.

he stared at the ravenette again. "we should go." he told stan.

stan's face immediately shifted to sadness.

kyle was confused for a moment before flinching in realization. "wait, no!" he put his hands up and started waving them around.

"I meant like leave the arcade." he tried to fix stans confusion,

and it worked.

stan's face changed back to a happy expression. "oh okay." he smiled at kyle.

"get your hoodie." kyle reminded stan then started to walk to the arcade entrance.

kyle pulled out his phone and saw that he got a notification from tolkien.

TOLKIENN ‼️‼️ 💜

TOLKIENN ‼️‼️ 💜
Saw you headin out w stan.
You guys datin again?
Sent 4:21 PM.

text me back when u can, hoodlum.
🤙🏿
Sent 4:49 PM.

I'm blocking you.
we're NOT dating.
but we're hanging out again..
Read 5:01 PM.

TOLKIENN ‼️‼️ 💜
Ik you can't hear me but I'm like
screaming
rn
GOODJOB 4 YOU GUYS ‼️
Sent 5:01 PM.

thank you lmfao
Read 5:01 PM.

..

kyle smiled at his phone, tapping the last message, hearing his nails tap against the screen.

kyle looked up and saw stan standing in front of him, picking at his gloves. waiting for him to get off his phone.

'when did he get there?' the red haired boy thought.

kyle put his phone in his pocket and clasped his hands together.

"what should we do?" kyle questioned, hoping stan had ideas.

stan was silent for a moment, dazing off but still staring at kyle.

kyle raised an eyebrow. "stan?" he called out and waved a hand in front of stan's face.

"stan!" he yelled, making the other boy flinch.

"huh?" stan mumbled, looking around.

kyle squinted at him. "are you okay?" he asked, worried about his bestfriend.

stan nodded. "yeah, I'm fine."

"okay.." kyle trailed off. "I asked ; what should we do?" he repeated his question.

stan was silent for a moment before opening his mouth. "oh!" he finally said.

"I was thinking we could go get slushies." he suggested. "then go to the park." stan added on.

kyle stared at him, dumbfounded.

"get slushies.." he paused. "while it's.. snowing." kyle said nonchalantly.

stan gave kyle a thumbs up and a smile.

the red - haired boy pursed his lips before walking out the arcade.

he heard stan following close behind.

stan ran next to the boy and stared at him with a worried expression. "we don't have to get slushies if you don't want." stan suggested.

kyle shook his head. "no, I want to get slushies."

stan was silent.

kyle saw stan staring at him in the corner of his eye, so he looked back.

he watched as stan turn his head and stopped walking.

stan let out a wretched sound.

kyle fully turned around immediately, watching as stan threw up in the side walk.

kyle ran over to the ravenette and crouched down.

stan was holding his stomach and his eyes were closed.

he grimaced at the sight. "are you okay?" kyle asked as he put a hand on stan's shoulder.

stan nodded slowly. "yeah, I'm okay."

kyle grabbed stan's arm so he wouldn't struggle to stand up.

kyle bit his lip, extremely worried. "we don't have to get slushies if you're not feeling well." kyle suggested.

"we can go home—"

"no!" stan shouted and shook his head quickly.

"I still wanna go." the boy said, staring directly at kyle.

kyle didn't like the idea but sighed. "okay."

he pulled stan to his feet and stayed there till stan was able to walk again.

they both started to head to the corner store for slushies.