After 5x22 (last part)

A few hours later

Lucy sat in a hospital chair, desperately waiting for any news on Tim. It had been four hours since Tim had been rushed into emergency surgery. Lucy was thankful for not being alone. Nolan sat on her right, whilst Angela took her left side.
Nyla went on to get the news to Luna and Genny. Sergeant Grey had a slight concussion and some bruises. He was still treated by the doctors, some backup checks.
"Lucy?"
"Lucy!?" Angela was perched in-front of her. Lucy blinked a few times, "Yeah?"
"You should try to sleep a bit. He won't be out for a few more hours."
"I can't Angela..."
"You can, otherwise go get Wesley and my babygirl and get your head off of things."
"Angela– Thank you but I can't get my mind on anything else right now." Lucy leaned back in her seat. Angela was right, she was tired. Every bone in her body hurt from her previous encounter with the armed man, and now even her mind was tired of worrying for the people she loved. It was time for a vacation she decided. The moment Tim would be out of this god damn hospital, she's going to drag him out of her and right to an airport. they'll be going on a vacation. Maybe they could take Tamara with them or even Genny and the boys. Of course Kojo would be coming with them, if Genny and the boys would take the offer.
After several hours more, Lucy was accompanied by wade Grey. He send the others home and Angela back to her baby.
"He talked about you. A lot, you were his only thought." Wade said quietly.
Lucy barely kept her sob. "W–what did he say?"
"He told me about your hiking with Kojo and about how he can't wait to live his life with you. He also said that he was sorry about breaking his promise to you and– well the other thing he's going to tell you in person, because he's going to be okay."
Lucy nodded, "yeah...I hope so."

"Officer Chen?" A doctor called out, walking into the waiting room. Lucy jumped out of her seat, "That's me. Is he okay?"
"Sergeant Bradford lost a lot of blood. He can make it through but we need a donation."
"I can do it."
"It's a lot. We need at least a second person."
"Let me make a call." Wade said, standing up and walking out of the room.
"Can I see him?" Lucy asked the doctor.
"Not yet. But soon, he's not off the table yet."
'It's been over 8 hours." Lucy stated.
"It's tough. He– he flatlined one time."
Lucy felt tears running down her cheeks, "He– he what?"
Before the doctor could say more, Wade came back. "Go give your donation Chen. The rest should arrive soon."
"What do you mean?"
"The other donators. Unfortunately Tim does not have the same blood type as me, so I can't donate for him."
Lucy nodded and followed the doctor into a room, where she gave her blood to save Tim's life.
After giving as much blood as the doctor let her give to Tim, she came out of the room to see blue. She stopped in her tracks. There were so many officers, waiting.
"What– what is going on?" She asked Wade.
"They're here for Tim. He needs the blood so I made a call to the station and the available officers offered their blood."
"All of them?"
"What should I say? Everyone has a soft spot for the hardass." Wade chuckled.

Lucy once again sat in the waiting room. She was surrounded by other officers when her phone got off. She first didn't notice, but a fellow officer pointed it out. Without looking down at the number, she answered the call.
"Lucy?" She could hear Gennys voice over the speaker. Suddenly she felt ashamed. Never once did the thought of calling Genny her mind.
"Genny- I'm so sorry, I should have called." She apologized.
"It's okay. The others kept me updated. I just wanted to know how You're doing."
"I'm definitely not okay. We have no new information about Tim and it's been hours."
"My brother is tough, he won't let this little thing take him down. Especially not now that you both are finally together."
Lucy let out a little laugh.
"I mean it. The moment I did this ride along thing, I knew."
"This isn't right, you should be allowed to be here and I should comfort you not the other way around."
"Hey, I know that he's in good hands if you're there. And you do not need to apologize, I know that he means a lot to you."
"He means everything to me Genny...I love him. Gosh I didn't even told him that I love him yet. I'm so stupid, I should have told him on our first date."
"Hey breath. It's going to be fine, You will get your chance to tell him."
"Thanks Genny..."
"Anytime. I can't wait to be on your wedding."
Lucy chuckled softly, "You think he's going to propose? We've been dating for a few months."
"If you know it, you know it."
"Officer Chen?" A doctor called.

"He's going to be okay. But he has to stay in the hospital for a while. And work is off for a few months actually. The wound is bad and he will be in great pain. But he's going to wake up and one day get back to work." The nurse smiled at Lucy.
Lucy nodded, eager to go see Tim.
The nurse walked her up to a room, "Remember, he will not wake up for a few hours."
Lucy nodded again before stepping into the room. A sob escaped her lips.
Tim was wired to so many machines. He was pale and looked sweaty and tired. He was sleeping but still there was a thrown on his forehead.
Lucy sat beside his bed and held his hand in hers. She let the sobs free and cried for her love. He looked so broken, barely alive.
She kissed his hand, praying for him to make it through. She would take some time off from work to look out for him. She would make him soup and annoy him with her worry. She would walk Kojo for him, she would accompany him to his appointments, she would make sure that he's never alone.
And she would make sure to tell him each day, how much she loved him. Starting now.
She wiped away her tears and looked at his sleeping face.
"I love you Tim. I love you so damn much." She whispered.

A few days later

"I love you Tim."
Tim smiled widely, despite the pain he was in, Lucy could always make him smile.
"I love you too Luce."
She bent down and gave him a kiss. "are you ready to get out of here?"
"Definitely."
"Good. Tamara made sure there is a bag with my stuff at your place, so you won't be alone."
"A bag? What the hell Boot."
Lucy looked at him confused, "What?"
"A bag? Fuck, tell Tamara to pack her things, you two are moving in with me."
For a minute Lucy was too stunned to say something.
"Are you not going to ask me?" She smirked.
"I almost live at yours. But my place is bigger and Kojo has a garden and Tamara gets her own bathroom."
"You're not asking" she laughed.
"Well no, not really." He joined her laugher.
"Good" she softly smiled at him, "We're moving in with you."
Tim grinned, "now that that's settled, the next step is getting married."
Lucy snored with laugher, "You're so not proposing in a hospital bed. I will kill you Bradford."
"I wouldn't dream of it, but some day...I definitely will propose." He smiled at her, squeezing her hand. Lucy kissed him once again.
"And I won't say no."