Toms death

Lucy knew something was wrong with her boyfriend. She watched him pace in front of the TV, she glanced at her timer on the nightstand and realized that it was the middle of the night.
"Tim?" She called from the bed, he showed no reaction whatsoever. So she hurried out of bed and met her boyfriend in the living room.
"Babe?" She asked him again. Slightly touching his arm. He squirmed.
But it did what she wanted, he looked up and right at her. She saw the unshed tears in his eyes.
Lucy was immediately scared. What made Tim cry?
"What– what happened?" She asked tenderly.
"I–" he stopped in his tracks and sat down on the couch burying his head in his hands. "Fuck" he muttered.
"Tim, you're scaring me. Please tell me what happened babe." She said before crunching down in front of him.
"I'm sorry" he said, placing a hand on her cheek and brushing it lightly. "I didn't want to scare you... it's just–" he took a shaky breath, "My dad just died."
"Ouh babe, I'm sorry." Lucy replied, taking his hand in hers.
"Why the fuck am I crying like a child? I hated that man Luce, I hated him."
"You're still allowed to grief Tim. If it's not for the father that you lost than for the father that you would have deserved."
He sighed and wiped his eyes. "I need to see Genny..."
"I know, let me get dressed and than we can hit the road." She gave his knuckles a kiss and stood up.
"You don't have to come Luce." he said, getting up as well, still shaking.
"I do have. Listen, I'm not letting you drive with what you have to go through right now. If you want some privacy with Genny I understand that and I have no problem to wait in the car the whole night. But I won't let you drive."
He hesitated, "Okay... thank you."
Lucy gave him a smile and hurried back to the bedroom to get dressed. Before she left, she grabbed a warm hoodie for Tim.
Tim saw her coming and wiped at his eyes. He stood up and held his hand out, placing the car keys in Lucy's palm.
"Let's go" she said, giving him his hoodie.
He gave her a little thankful smile and gladly put it on.

The drive to Gennys house was a silent one. Than and now Lucy stole a glance at Tim. He still tried to hide his tears and feelings. But Lucy could see right trough him.
She parked in front of the building, seeing the lights in the kitchen. Genny must be up as well.
"Thanks... please don't be mad, but I think I should do this alone." Tim said, taking her hand.
"No problem babe. I'm waiting for you." Lucy gave him a reassuring smile.
He lifted her hand to his mouth and placed a soft kiss, before he let go of her hand and got out of the car.
Lucy watched him walk towards the front door. She observed his behavior. He didn't ring the doorbell. He just looked at it, than he turned around and looked right at her.
Lucy did not need any words, she saw what he needed. Within seconds she was out of the car and by his side.
"Thank you, thank you, thank you" he said, letting some tears slip. He wrapped his arms around her and buried his face in her hair.
Lucy returned the hug eagerly, "it's okay. Nothing to thank for Tim."
He took a second more before he slowly retreats himself and taker her hand again.
He than ringed the doorbell, with his anchor by his side.

——————————
Just a short one. I'm really busy this week so I'm not able to write that much. But next week I'm free and I can't wait to spend my time with Chenford!